Stack Pot Ratio in River

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Stack Pot Ratio in River

Postby petemctailor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:13 pm

Good afternoon.

I'm trying to build SPR in river, but trying to include all the possible variables .... And not just something like:
Code: Select all
char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p)=2 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_bet_facing >0 AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_effective_stack / tourney_hand_summary.amt_pot_r) <3.5

Or does the previous expression already collect all the necessary information?

I mean, do I need to add the following expressions so that the statistic is closer to reality?
(((tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_ante * tourney_holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players) + (tourney_holdem_blinds.amt_bb + tourney_holdem_blinds.amt_sb)) + (tourney_holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f * tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_p + tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_f + tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_t))

If you have to add these expressions, can you build the example for "column A"? (Some of these columns are from PT3).

Thanks a lot.
petemctailor

Re: Stack Pot Ratio in River

Postby potamito » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:10 pm

I think it's going to be hard not to say impossible to build this with PT4 because the data is not imported it till the end of the hand for the same reason stacks in BBs cant be updated during the hand imo, i think is far better to build this via a script or just get one of those softwares for like $30-$35 that has that feature like StarSHelper, Table Optimizer or SessionLord, will browse 2+2 but i think there´s already a free script somewhere around it.
potamito

Postby potamito » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:37 pm

potamito wrote:...or SessionLord

scratch this please, just found out PokerStars added this software on their forbid list since July, 27th.
potamito

Postby petemctailor » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks for your answer, but it seems that I explained wrong and SessionLord not updated its web hehe.

I try to build a normal statistic, which collects information once the hand is finished, like most statistics in PT4.

So the following expression works fine for me:
sum(if[char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p)=2 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_bet_facing >0 AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_effective_stack / tourney_hand_summary.amt_pot_r) BETWEEN 0.98 AND 1.02, 1, 0])

.. But I do not know if I should add some of these expressions or how to include them correctly in the statistics described above:
(((tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_ante * tourney_holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players) + (tourney_holdem_blinds.amt_bb + tourney_holdem_blinds.amt_sb)) + (tourney_holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players_f * tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_p + tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_f + tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_bet_t))

I want to do the statistics as close to reality and it becomes tedious under my media check whether it includes or excludes the situation correctly by adding and removing parts to the expression, or how to improve it directly. That's why I'm asking if I should include some of the expressions I put in an example.

Thank you very much again for your attention.
petemctailor

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:05 am

petemctailor wrote:I'm trying to build SPR in river, but trying to include all the possible variables .... And not just something like:

char_length(tourney_hand_summary.str_aggressors_p)=2 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_bet_facing >0 AND (tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_r_effective_stack / tourney_hand_summary.amt_pot_r) <3.5

Or does the previous expression already collect all the necessary information?

If you can explain exactly what situations/variables you want your SPR stat to count then we can give further advice on any further expressions you may need. All I can see is that you are counting how many times a player faced a bet on the river in a single raised pot with an SPR on the river of less than 3.5. If you want to build the actions column for that to count how many times the player folds given that action then just add this to the expression:

lookup_actions_r.action SIMILAR TO 'F|XF'
Flag_Hippo

Postby petemctailor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Thank you and forgive me if the translation generates confusion.

The expression I'm looking for is exactly what you mention in your last message, which we will call "Column A":

But I don't know if I should add these or other expressions:
((tourney_holdem_hand_player_detail.amt_ante * tourney_holdem_hand_summary.cnt_players) + (tourney_holdem_blinds.amt_bb + tourney_holdem_blinds.amt_sb))

Because of the checks I could do, it seems that the "Column A" already includes those previously multiplied by the number of players, the mandatory bets of SB and BB as well as the pre-flop or postflop bets that can be made.

However, watch this screenshot:
https://gyazo.com/f5ca70805cd1bf913a42e505d7c662da

As you can see, the expression in the Statistics window shows a SPR on Turn between 0.9 and 1.1. However, the player at the table that is right on my left has 16BB, which is a SPR of 0.5.

So I gather that the SPR is in relation to the "hero" on which the statistic is consulted or other players who pay or bet on the hand (if a player folds as was the case of the player "Tiroliro" does not consider when calculating the SPR).

Then, the statistics in multiway boats no longer work correctly the SPR if those involved in the hand foldean on that street.

What I want to know, is if the example expression "Column A" is picking up other scenarios where the SPR is different from the one written in the expression. Or if I can add additional expressions to correct these "gaps".

Thanks again.
petemctailor

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:08 am

Effective stack has a very specific meaning in PokerTracker 4 and it's the amount you could lose in a pot as of your first action in the hand and it is calculated separately for each player. So in your example the SPR on the turn calculated using tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_t_effective_stack / tourney_hand_summary.amt_pot_t would depend on what actions occured. If Hero bets then the SPR would be calculated as follows:

Hero 33.4/32.1 = 1.04
tiroliro21 16.1/32.1 = 0.5
AnlRoUtS99 33.4/32.1 = 1.04
cuerda333 26.8/32.1 = 0.83

If, for example, tiroliro21 was first to act on the turn and then Hero folded to a bet second to act the SPR would be calculated as follows:

tiroliro 16.1/32.1 = 0.5
Hero 33.4/32.1 = 1.04
AnlRoUtS99 26.8/32.1 = 0.83
cuerda333 16.1/32.1 = 0.5 if AnlRoUtS99 folds or 26.8/32.1 = 0.83 if AnlRoUtS99 does not fold.
Flag_Hippo

Postby petemctailor » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Thank you very much, now I understand better how it works.

Let me have another doubt. I found these expressions using the "Insert" function from the statistics setting:
Tourney_hand_summary. Amt_short_stack and
Tourney_summary. Amt_short_stack

What information does it show or for which I can use "Amt_short_stack"?
Because I do not know which street refers and does not let me enter the expression in any column. So it must be accompanied by something else.
petemctailor

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:53 am

tourney_hand_summary.amt_short_stack stores the size of the smallest stack dealt into a hand. An example of where this can be used is in building a filter or statistic that's based on the overall hand effective stat e.g.

tourney_hand_summary.amt_short_stack / tourney_blinds.amt_bb between X and Y
Flag_Hippo

Postby petemctailor » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Good afternoon, I have some questions, some are rhetorical, I would like to answer about those that are in "bold", except that you answer within another question hehe:

1)
Which Postgres table is the custom statistics that are not cached?

3)
For custom statistics The limit is 1,600 columns. Is there a limit to statistics that are not cached? Can the speed of consultation be seen slowed by the excessive construction of these statistics?

2)
For the stats vs hero or anyone who is not cached .... What happens if I transfer a HUD through PT4 Addon-On.
What maintenance do users have to do to have the HUD display the correct values? Full Cache Rebuild or Custom Cache Rebuild?

4)
If I create a new database (DB), do I have to do any maintenance to correctly see the stats vs. Hero HUD or any statistics that are not cached?

5)
Https://gyazo.com/f748805c793400175412fd219710edeb
If I use the "1-10bb" and "10-30bb", what happens when the stack is 10,5bb? Do repeated hands appear in both blind stripes or is the information only reflected in 10-30BB?

6)
If I use the filters for PT4 stacks for big blinds shown in previous link "Gyazo". Does the information that the HUD shows is only of the active DB (as with live stats)? Or does it also reflect the information of the auxiliary DBs?

7)
How do you construct a statistic that counts the number of hands vs hero?

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand >0 and exists
  (select 1
   from tourney_hand_player_statistics hero
   where hero.id_hand = tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand
   and hero.flg_hero and hero.id_hand >0), 1, 0])

8)
Assuming I have more than one hero in the same room, the number of hands vs. hero that has a particular opponent is the same against both hero?

Thank you very much for the help.
petemctailor

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles