Stat help

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Stat help

Postby Tinman9956 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:17 pm

I have a couple of reports that I have a won % total. (screenshot). What I would like to add for my flop set report is the % of times I flop a set, and for my hit flop report the % of times I hit the flop. If somebody could help me with this that would be great. Thanks for your time. :)
Attachments
% stat.PNG
% stat.PNG (1.13 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Tinman9956

Re: Stat help

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:58 am

There is a custom stat called "Set % (x/y)" available in the Download Warehouse which looks like it should do what you want. It was made for PT3, but should work in PT4 - you need to select the 'PT3 stat files' option from the file type dropdown in the import window (e.g. if you use File > Import Statistic, or import from the Configure > Statistics window).

I don't see one for hitting the flop, but if you can define exactly what you mean by that it should be possible to make.
Check out the Custom Stats Guide for an overview and the Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statisticsfor a more in-depth explanation of how to work with custom stats. If you don't know what database fields you want to use please tell us exactly what criteria you want to use to define hitting the flop (and whether it's for cash or tournaments) and we'll point you in the right direction.
For example if you mean making any kind of hand better than a high card then you can just use "NOT cash_hand_player_combinations.flg_f_highcard". (For tournaments replace cash_ with tourney_.) You can see the possible made hand types in Configure > Statistics > $ or T > Hand > Columns > val_f_hand_group for example.
WhiteRider

Postby Tinman9956 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:59 am

I am using the set% stat, but it is for player only. I am looking to have a flopped set stat for hands also. I have a custon flopped set stat for hands, but it is not working, I get an error if I include the stat in mt report. The hit flop stat I am looking for will show as a box with a check mark like the one I am using to show the hands I"ve won. I have made a report with the hands filtered to show when I hit a flop with one of my 2 holecard (excluding pocket pairs). I would like to see the % of times I hit the flop and compare it to how I often I win the hand. I have included a couple of screen shots. One is the flopped sets stat, that gives me an error, if you could let me know how to fix it that would be great, the other shot is what I have in my report already and how I would like the flopped set stat and hit flop stats to look like in my report, thanks again.
Attachments
Flopped set 2.PNG
Flopped set 2.PNG (9.01 KiB) Viewed 825 times
Flopped Set1.PNG
Tinman9956

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:22 am

Your Value Expression has what looks like two separate column names with a space between, which isn't a valid expression. Also, those two column names don't suggest anything to do with flopped sets - are you sure you're using the correct column(s)? Did you make new columns for this? If so, please post their expressions too.
If you want to use two columns then you need to combine them with some operator - I'm not sure exactly what your intention is because from the column names one of them is a "flg" (boolean) and the other is a "cnt" (number) - they'll need to be of the same type to get any type of sensible overall data.
Normally a Hand stat would be a 'flg' type column for something like this, but to get a percentage you'd need a count - I haven't experimented with that kind of thing in a Hand stat, but I think if you use sum/if (like a Player column) then it might work.
WhiteRider

Postby Tinman9956 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:09 pm

I was playing around with trying to make the flopped stat without success. I though it might do what I want, buy it does not. As per my screen shot I would just like to see the % of times I hit a flop with one of my 2 holecards.Not good at making stats. So thanks for any help you can give me.
Attachments
% stat.PNG
% stat.PNG (1.13 KiB) Viewed 802 times
Tinman9956

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 am

I've added a Hand stat called "Hit Set on Flop" to the Download Warehouse. If the player saw the flop with a pocket pair it displays a checkbox showing whether or not they made a set.
Search for 'format_bool' in this thread: https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 99#p112452 to see how the formatting is done for this, and the expressions are based on those from the PT3 set% stat with the sum/if part removed.
This does not display the percentage in the summary line - I haven't yet worked out how to do that as it mixes different types of data and that doesn't work in the normal way.
WhiteRider

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles