Using specific data

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Using specific data

Postby squashplayer » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:57 pm

I'd like to analyse a set of data which I need to gather from across various sites, buy-ins and dates (essentially I want to create a data set of HU SNGs I've played against decent opposition - it's much less than 5% of my whole database). I then want to work on this data by running filters, making reports etc. I could export all the data I want to work on and then create a separate new database but this seems a rather clunky way of going about it. Is there an easier method?
squashplayer

Re: Using specific data

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 am

That is possible in a custom report so can you please provide more specific details on how you want to view/filter this data. How are you defining 'decent opposition'? If that is just with a list of player names then that can be achieved with a simple expression filter. Also do you want to view your stats against this 5%, their stats against you and/or a list of individual hands played?
Flag_Hippo

Postby squashplayer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm

I want to gather together the data as described in the opening post. I then want to analyse the data mainly using the statistics function with filters. Asking, for example, if the effective stack is 20-25bb, the villain in the SB minraises and I 3-bet to 6bb, how often do they fold, call or shove. Or if the effective stack is 12-16bb and I limp from the SB, how often does the villain check, raise or shove. Stuff like that.
squashplayer

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:37 am

If you are doing that for a single villain at a time then you can select them as the active player in PokerTracker 4 and then use simple filters for the effective stack and preflop action from villains perspective so for this:
squashplayer wrote:if the effective stack is 20-25bb, the villain in the SB minraises and I 3-bet to 6bb, how often do they fold, call or shove.

You can use this filter:

(Effective Stack Size Big Blinds Between 20 and 25) AND (Position of Active Player Position of Selected Exactly 9) AND (2Bet Size BB Between 2 and 2) AND (Sizes Calculated in Big Blinds Preflop Action Faced With Size 3Bet Preflop Between 4 and 4)

Note that the size of the raise faced used in the filter is 4BB (6BB - 2BB) and once the filter is created you can save that as a quick filter for future use. To view how often villain fold/calls/raises when this action occurs you will need to have the following stats in the built-in report or your custom report:

Call PF 3Bet After Raise
Fold to PF 3Bet After Raise
4Bet+ Preflop After Raising

Also if you happen to have any non heads up hands vs villain you will want to add a filter for having only 2 players dealt into the hand.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles