Am I card dead?

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Am I card dead?

Postby mikeasan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:01 pm

Is there a program that can determine if you are running bad? I played 10 sessions of 500 hands each. I did some of my own tracking.
- Statistically, a player will be dealt one pocket pair every 17 hands - I averaged one pocket pair every 25 hands (50% below average).
- A player will be dealt AK once every 87 hands - I averaged once every 100 hands. I took it one step further and counted evercard dealt.
- After 10 sesssions of 500 hands each, 10,000 total cards. Average player will see 46% of their cards will be 7s or lower. 46% of the cards they see will be 9s or higher and 8% of cards they see will be 8s. During my 10 sessions I averaged 38% of my cards were 9s or higher, 9% of my cards were 8s and 53% of my cards were 7s or lower.
I have had most sessions where only 33% of my cards were 9s or higher. This makes it difficult for a beginning player to be successful.

I will probably be crushed for asking this questions but I am ok with that. I just want to get better.

I play ACR Micros. Over 150k hands played. My win rate is -$0.007c/100 hands.

All comments welcomed. Thanks for your time.
mikeasan

Re: Am I card dead?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:36 pm

A sample of 5,000 hands is far too small to be statistically significant so have you done that for all 150k hands? In terms of the cards you are dealt you could create a custom report if you have not already done so to make it easier to do work that out if all 150k hands are in your database or you could create custom statistics so you do not have to calculate those results manually. See this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Am I card dead?

Postby 4StarGen » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:02 am

Ypu can easily create custom stats to find out how you run. For example I have AA vs KK stats, AA dealt vs expected and so on...
gl
4StarGen

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles