Number of hands display

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Number of hands display

Postby rourky88 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi,

I am currently on the 1 month free trial and working my way through all the different things to learn with this software.
One thing I am unsure of is the “hands” statistic in the hud display, this resets to 0 at the start of every session in my display and opponents display also, should this not be recording all my previous hands from other tournaments and also all the opponents hands aswel.

I thought the idea was to build up as much hand history as possible on your opponents and also yourself to study?

Any help would be much appreciated.
rourky88

Re: Number of hands display

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:41 am

By default your own HUD stats are session only and opponent stats are lifetime. PokerTracker 4 only shows your session stats in the HUD so you have an idea of how aggressive or passive people will see you. You have no way to know which of your opponents are using trackers, and if they are how many hands they have on you, or which hands, so PokerTracker 4 shows statistics which indicate your current table image. If you want to see your lifetime stats for analysis purposes you do so in your reports or load up a hand (any hand) in the replayer and turn that option on via the 'Options' button. As you play more, though, you'll see your lifetime stats don't change much if at all but your image at each individual table may vary considerably depending on the cards you've been dealt or your opponents.

While opponent stats are lifetime by default you can add filters for that data. For example if you added a 'Number of Players' filter for example and played at a different table size you would not see the other data, because that filter is designed to limit data to relevant hands. Also if you click the 'PT-icon' on the table there are options to set the HUD to display session or lifetime stats. Note that if you have just started using PokerTracker 4 then you won't necessarily have your entire history with these players unless you have restored a prior database or reimported older hands into PokerTracker 4. If you want to verify that the number of hands you are seeing in your HUD for your opponents are for every hand that you have on them in PokerTracker 4 then you can go to My Reports and create an 'All Players' report which will list every player along with the number of hands you have for them.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Number of hands display

Postby rourky88 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:14 am

Ok that’s great.

I suppose I just presumed that as my HUD stats were resetting then my opponents were aswel but maybe I had just not come up against them more than once since I starting using the software.

Thanks for the reply.
rourky88

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles