Population Tendencies; Filter For Tourney W/Limpers

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Population Tendencies; Filter For Tourney W/Limpers

Postby DaGongJi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:29 pm

I play HUSNG's and have created a new database with a single alias for all villains. Within this database, I am wondering if I can filter for tournaments where villain limps preflop? This way I can separate my single alias into 2 categories: 1) those who SOMETIMES open limp preflop and 2) those that NEVER do. Then I could drill down using the Hand Range Visualizer into how often & with which hands Category #1 is doing so. Is this possible? If so, is it possible to further filter to find the tournaments where open limping preflop takes place in only certain blinds (i.e. 10/20, 15/30)? Thanks in advance!
DaGongJi

Re: Population Tendencies; Filter For Tourney W/Limpers

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:18 am

If you download the 'Preflop Open Limp (Limp First In)' custom statistic from the Download Warehouse you can add that to a custom 'All Players Report'. Sort the results by the value of this stat and that will separate the players that have never open limped from those that have.
DaGongJi wrote:If so, is it possible to further filter to find the tournaments where open limping preflop takes place in only certain blinds (i.e. 10/20, 15/30)? Thanks in advance!

To see how often this occurs at each blind level remove the 'Player' stat from this report and add the 'Blinds' stat instead.
Flag_Hippo

Postby DaGongJi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Thanks Flag for answering. I suspect, though, that I didn't do a very good job of phrasing my question so I'll take another shot at it.

I have a 2nd database that has two players in it: 1) me and 2) an alias which is an aggregate of all my opponents. This way I can see the population tendencies of all my opponents combined into a single player.

What I would like to do is split that single aggregate opponent into two opponents or sub-aliases: 1) one who sometimes open limps preflop and 2) one who never open limps preflop. If I was to just filter for open limp preflop (thanks for the tip, but I have that stat loaded), I would only get the hands where the #1 type opponent only limped and what I want is all the hands that the #1 type opponent played so I can understand better what range he open limps with and what range he raises with.

My thought was that I could filter for tournaments where preflop open limping occured, and use that as the criteria to split my aggregate alias into two sub-aliases. Is it possible to do this?
DaGongJi

Postby DaGongJi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:09 pm

I should add (and I think this might be the reason for the confusion) that I play on Ignition where all the players are anonymous.

Or are you telling me to run that filter, then delete all the players (and their hands) who do not open limp, then create another database with just those players, and to finally combine them into a single aggregate opponent?
DaGongJi

Postby DaGongJi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Flag...I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I made a copy of my database, then filtered for preflop open limp, then I purged all the players who didn't meet my criteria to create a database of just preflop open limpers. Then I went ahead and created another database with a single alias for all opponents so I could run it thru the Hand Range Visualizer. Thanks again.
DaGongJi

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:00 am

Thanks for the update.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles