Constructing Range of opponents

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Constructing Range of opponents

Postby hilss » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 am

Hello,

I am currently on version 4.15.2 but I'm awful at using PT4, so I need step by step instructions if that's ok.

I want to construct my opponents range based on their starting stack.

1) If starting stack is less than 50bb what is their range?
2) If starting stack is between 50bb and 85bb what is their range?
3) if starting is greater than 85bb what is their range?

Further, I want to break it down by position.
Also, I want to breakdown the range by: Calling Range, Raising Range, 3betting range

I don't mind running multiple reports, but I was wondering if this is possible. If this is not possible, what's the best way to get this analysis.

Thanks,
hilss :D
hilss

Re: Constructing Range of opponents

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:28 pm

hilss wrote:I want to construct my opponents range based on their starting stack.

1) If starting stack is less than 50bb what is their range?
2) If starting stack is between 50bb and 85bb what is their range?
3) if starting is greater than 85bb what is their range?

Further, I want to break it down by position.

Just using a players stack size and position does not narrow a players range of hands from any two cards and you can only narrow it further when you define what actions the player takes in a hand provided that they also got to showdown.
hilss wrote:Also, I want to breakdown the range by: Calling Range, Raising Range, 3betting range

I don't mind running multiple reports, but I was wondering if this is possible. If this is not possible, what's the best way to get this analysis.

If you want to review this for a single player at a time then you can use the 'Holdem Hand Range Visualizer' report in the 'Statistics' section. If you want to view this for the population as a whole then that would need a custom report so let me know if that's the case.
Flag_Hippo

Postby hilss » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:39 am

Thank you for the response Flag_Hippo.

I want to review this for the population. I should've been more explicit about the "range." I'm referring to the preflop range.
1) what do they open raise with?
2) What they 3bet with IP and OOP if possible
3) what do they call with? IP and OOP?

The visualizer is freakin' awesome!!! Thank you for that... Is it possible to create a visualizer for the population in a custom report? If not, just a line-by-line whole card with its frequency/percentage would be great.

Finally, do you have a tool like Flopzilla that is able to analyze hands post flop (not just probability of winning)... but the chances of villain hitting/missing the board?

Thank you so much... I really really love the visualizer... even though it's for a single player.

Thanks,
hilss
hilss

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:57 am

It's not possible to recreate the visualizer in a custom report but it can be done line-by-line as you suggested. To do that create an 'All Players' report in 'My Reports', remove the 'Player' stat and add 'Hole Cards' in its place. Add the simple filter NOT (Player Is Hero) along with any other filters you want to use (3Bet IP e.t.c.) and you'll see the overall population's range of hands shown down along with a line that's blank for 'Hole Cards' which is for those hands that don't get to showdown.
Flag_Hippo

Postby hilss » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:13 pm

wonderful - thank you.
hilss

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles