custom HUD stats - flop betting?

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

custom HUD stats - flop betting?

Postby bennunn » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm looking to customise the stats that appear in my HUD, around flop betting.

I'm a beginner to customising PT, but so far so good - I've set up the following, which work well:

C-Bet, Fold to C-Bet, Donk Bet, Fold to Donk bet.

I'm now looking to add in a stat for what I call a 'poke bet' - e.g. opening after the flop in an unraised pot. I can't see anything obvious in the available PT data that covers this, and there isn't really a standardised term for this (some say probe bet, but to me that is something slightly different, on the turn)

(Ideally I'd also like to be able to differentiate between poke bets from different positions, where applicable and also get the 'fold to poke bet' data to go with my fold to CB and DB stats.

Secondly, is there a way to ascertain the average size of a CB/DB/PB expressed as a proportion of the pot (but not skewed by occasions the player fails to bet)?

It seems as though there should be a relatively easy way to accomplish this, but as I say, I haven't done a lot of playing about customising the HUD before.

Thanks.
bennunn

Re: custom HUD stats - flop betting?

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:31 am

These stats are not available by default but it can be done with custom statistics - see this guide for the basics and this guide for further details. In the Download Warehouse there are similar stats to what you are looking for so for the first one there is a 'Flop open-bet in limped pot when HU' custom stat which can be edited to also account for multiway flops (remove cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f = 2) and for the second one there is an 'Average bet size' package which contains a stat called 'Average Flop Cbet size as % of the pot' and this can be edited to calculate the average bet size of all bets (change cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet to cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_bet).
Flag_Hippo

Postby mr_maxxx » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:56 pm

I cannot make average bet sizes work for 3bp and srp, I get the same results as avg bet size (overall).

Average Flop CBet Size Overall

amt_f_cbet / cnt_f_cbet

amt_f_cbet
sum( if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet, cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_made_pct, 0] )

cnt_f_cbet
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet, 1, 0])

amt_f_cbet_3bp / cnt_f_cbet_3bet_pot_pct

amt_f_cbet_3bp
sum( if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and cash_hand_player_statistics.cnt_p_face_limpers = 0 and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet, cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_made_pct, 0] )

cnt_f_cbet_3bet_pot_pct
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet AND (cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet or cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet), 1, 0])

To get the srp pct my idea was to substract 3bp from total:

(amt_f_cbet - amt_f_cbet_3bp) / (cnt_f_cbet - cnt_f_cbet_3bet_pot_pct)
mr_maxxx

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:29 am

So I can check that for you go to 'Configure -> Statistics', export your 'Average Flop CBet' and 'Average Flop Bet' statistics using the 'Options' button and attach them here (you will need to zip/compress the stats before attaching).
Flag_Hippo

Postby mr_maxxx » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:26 am

I cant make the stat Fold vs Big Bet to work, I think there is a problem in my understanding of bet pct. If I say fold vs pct 70 BETWEEN 100, I mean a betsize of 70-100% of the pot, but there are no instances recorded, which cant be true. So is cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_facing_pct XX, somehow % of pot+betsize? I get results for smaller bestizes. Thanks for help
Attachments
Fold to Big Cbet SRP.rar
(616 Bytes) Downloaded 68 times
mr_maxxx

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:04 am

If you are facing a pot size bet then from your perspective that's 50% of the pot. Similarly if a player bets 1/2 pot you are facing a bet that's 33% of the pot - see this thread for examples.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles