Adding players with special symbols in expression filters

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Adding players with special symbols in expression filters

Postby darkavenger3 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:41 pm

Hello, how can i add players whose nicknames include strange characters - like ó for example - in expression filters in pt4?
darkavenger3

Re: Adding players with special symbols in expression filter

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:13 pm

I am seeing an issue using special characters in expression filters so I've forwarded that information to the development team. In the meantime you can use this expression filter where the underscore is used as a wildcard for wherever there is a special character in the player name e.g for a player called PókerTracker that would be:

Code: Select all
player.player_name LIKE 'P_kerTracker'
Flag_Hippo

Postby darkavenger3 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:16 pm

This doesn't seem to be working. I try to include/exclude group of players with this filter at the moment:
not tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT thps.id_hand from tourney_hand_player_statistics thps, player p where thps.position = 9 and thps.id_player = p.id_player and p.player_name in (
and the list of players, when i tried to add a player to the list like this 'P_kerTracker', it did nothing, the player remains as if i did nothing.
darkavenger3

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:23 am

I am not very familiar with this type of filter so can you please post the full expression you are using.
Flag_Hippo

Postby darkavenger3 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:32 pm

tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT thps.id_hand from tourney_hand_player_statistics thps, player p where thps.position = 9 and thps.id_player = p.id_player and p.player_name in (
'Player1', 'Player2', 'P_kerTracker', 'Player3'))
darkavenger3

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:43 am

You have not changed your filter to use LIKE therefore it's not using the '_' as a wildcard and it will be looking for a player with that specific name:

tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT thps.id_hand from tourney_hand_player_statistics thps, player p where thps.position = 9 and thps.id_player = p.id_player and p.player_name LIKE 'P_kerTracker') OR tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT thps.id_hand from tourney_hand_player_statistics thps, player p where thps.position = 9 and thps.id_player = p.id_player and p.player_name in ('Player1', 'Player2', 'Player3'))
Flag_Hippo

Postby darkavenger3 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:54 pm

Ok, that works well, but how do i fix the syntax of the first part so i can add multiple players with special symbols in it? Now it works for 1 player, but i can't figure out how to add more. I want to add 'P_kerTracker1', 'P_kerTracker2' etc
darkavenger3

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:16 am

tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_hand in (SELECT thps.id_hand from tourney_hand_player_statistics thps, player p where thps.position = 9 and thps.id_player = p.id_player and (p.player_name LIKE 'P_kerTracker1' or p.player_name LIKE 'P_kerTracker2'))
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles