Classification of IP and OOP in CBet multi-way pots.

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Classification of IP and OOP in CBet multi-way pots.

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:06 am

So what I understand of IP/OOP specific filters are:

IP = Last to act
OOP = Acting first

However there is some crossover that I need to understand in multi-way situations, when we are the middle of 3 players.

From what i can see, IP is defiantly last to act.

So what does this mean for OOP?

-When we CBet as the 2nd of 3 players, is this OOP or IP? I'm guessing OOP?
-When we are the 2nd player and respond to a CBet from the 1st player, are we calling IP or calling OOP? We have position on the CBet, but are not IP.

on my Hud I have:
CBet Total
CBet IP
CBet OOP

Also; fold-call-raise when facing.

I notice my IP and OOP add up to the Total stat, so this has led me wanting to know how the middle player is classified in multi-way spots.
acesjohn

Re: Classification of IP and OOP in CBet multi-way pots.

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:23 pm

acesjohn wrote:So what does this mean for OOP?

A player is IP when they are last to act and every other player is classed as being OOP whether they are acting first or in the middle of other players in a multiway pot.
acesjohn wrote:When we CBet as the 2nd of 3 players, is this OOP or IP? I'm guessing OOP?

Yes.
acesjohn wrote:When we are the 2nd player and respond to a CBet from the 1st player, are we calling IP or calling OOP? We have position on the CBet, but are not IP.

You are considered OOP for the hand overall but you are IP relative to the cbettor which can be tested for in a custom statistic:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp and not cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_has_position and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f >= 3 and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f) >= 1 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 1)::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position
Flag_Hippo

Postby dave2085 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:26 am

i have a found some issues while using the stat: "Fold to F CBet IP". I see Villains with 150% (6/4) etc.

expressions:

sum(if[not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check) AND cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F', 1, 0])

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_has_position, 1, 0])

While the code of the _opp is fine i think, this codes has some issues in Multiwaypots:
sum(if[not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check) AND cash_hand_player_statistics.enum_f_cbet_action='F', 1, 0])

for example: BU limps, SB raises and BB calls. SB cbets F and "BB folds to cbet IP" --> This condition is not counted.

How can I change this condition, while not excluding multiwaypots!?
I think this does not work:
not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check)
dave2085

Postby dave2085 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:52 am

maybe my post was too confusing.

I search a "term" which tests for "Fold to F CBET IP", that when such a scenario occurs:

BU limps, SB raises and BB calls. SB cbets F and "BB folds to cbet IP"

that when the BB folds, the stat "fold to f cbet ip" recognizes that BB was NOT in Position (because the BU is last to act)

So the expressions in this stat are not accurat for Multiwaypots (which is downloadable from the warehouse: Fold to Flop, Turn & River Cbet, IP and OOP)

sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_has_position, 1, 0])
dave2085

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:33 pm

Thanks and you are correct so I've removed that set of custom statistics from the Download Warehouse. So both heads up and multiway pots are accounted for correctly what exactly do you want to count? When the player is IP relative to the CBettor or when the player is IP on all players (last to act)?
Flag_Hippo

Postby dave2085 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:14 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:Thanks and you are correct so I've removed that set of custom statistics from the Download Warehouse. So both heads up and multiway pots are accounted for correctly what exactly do you want to count? When the player is IP relative to the CBettor or when the player is IP on all players (last to act)?

Tahnks for taking the time :)

I need a "Fold to Flop C-Bet IP" Stat, which counts headsup and multiway pots.

This stat should only count when the player is IP on all players. It shouldn't count in multiwaypots when the "player who folds vs. cbet" is relative IP, but isn't IP on all players.

for example this stat should count a situation like this: CO openraise, BU calls. CO bets F and BU folds and any other Headsup Situation...
This stat should NOT count a Situation like this: BU limps, SB raises and BB calls. SB cbets F and "BB folds to cbet IP" and BU can still act,...
but it should count a Situation where BU limps, SB raises and BB calls. SB cbets F, BB folds (dont count, because not ip on all players) and "BU folds to cbet IP".
dave2085

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:30 pm

cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_has_position means that the player is last to act on the flop so just add that to the other column as well. You could also remove not(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check) as well since that technically isn't needed anymore because if a player folds to a CBet and they were last to act then it's impossible for them to have checked.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles