Probe Response.

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Probe Response.

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:14 am

WhiteRider wrote:If I understand correctly, you want to test for there being a bet and a call before the active player's first action?
For the turn that would be:
Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_t_bet_facing > 0 and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 1 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and

This says that the player faced a bet, there were at least 2 actions and both of the first two were by players who were out of position to the active player (because their position numbers are higher).
You'll need to add in any earlier street actions, and any subsequent turn actions you want to test for too.

Yes and No. I want to test for a bet and call, but not always before the active players first action.

We may:

1) Check - Face a bet and a call from latter positions.
2) Yet to act - Face a bet and call before our first action.

The code you provided works great, but excludes the situations we check while in an early position.
acesjohn

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:38 am

***EDIT***

The code you gave doesn't work right, There was a situation where I faced a "check & bet" not "bet & call" :cry:

Sorry, i must be a pain! :roll: :P

========

Just to make matters worse:

I have also tried adding the original code you gave me to a cbet situation (cbet_def_opp):
and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and not substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 1 for 1) < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1))

But first hand in my re-player i get a bet and call... works fine for probe and donk situations though.
acesjohn

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:10 am

acesjohn wrote:***EDIT***

Just to make matters worse:

I have also tried adding the original code you gave me to a cbet situation (cbet_def_opp):
and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and not substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 1 for 1) < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1))

But first hand in my re-player i get a bet and call... works fine for probe and donk situations though.

Ignore this bit, it works now.

But the Squezze situation is 100% providing "Check-Bet" situations as well as "Bet-Call".
acesjohn

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:35 am

**EDIT EDIT**

CBet response does not work.

I'm going to shut up now, i'm annoying myself, so i can only imagine how annoying i am to you 8-)
acesjohn

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:45 am

acesjohn wrote:Yes and No. I want to test for a bet and call, but not always before the active players first action.

We may:

1) Check - Face a bet and a call from latter positions.
2) Yet to act - Face a bet and call before our first action.

In that case you'll need to test for those situations separately I think.
The expression I gave should be OK for facing a bet and call before first action, so you'll need to OR that with a test for checking and the first action position being less than active player's position and (second action position either less than first action position or greater than active player's position). This would mean that the first actor was in position and the second was either in position on them or out of position on active player, meaning between the bettor and the active player.
WhiteRider

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:04 pm

WhiteRider wrote:If I understand correctly, you want to test for there being a bet and a call before the active player's first action?
For the turn that would be:
cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_t_bet_facing > 0 and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 1 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_t from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and

This says that the player faced a bet, there were at least 2 actions and both of the first two were by players who were out of position to the active player (because their position numbers are higher).
You'll need to add in any earlier street actions, and any subsequent turn actions you want to test for too.

This code does not work properly:
cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position

Because i get this hand, when i test it:

SB: 133.5 BB
BB: 28.5 BB
UTG: 100 BB
CO: 27.5 BB
Hero (BTN): 109.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 3h 3c
fold, CO calls 1 BB, Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, BB calls 3 BB, CO calls 3 BB

Flop : (12.5 BB, 3 players) 2d 9c Ks
BB checks, CO bets 23.5 BB, fold, BB calls 23.5 BB

Check - Bet - ??? instead of Bet - Call - ???
acesjohn

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:39 pm

Who's point of view are you looking at the stat from? Which player?
WhiteRider

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 pm

From my point of view, Hero.

It shouldn't matter though, because no player is facing a bet and a call...
acesjohn

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:19 pm

Can you post the original hand history so that we can import it and see what the values are? I don't see why that hand would match that expression either.
WhiteRider

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:24 pm

It would be true for the third player though, who folds on the flop. So we'll need to think some more about how to eliminate that type of situation.
WhiteRider

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles