Probe Response.

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: Probe Response.

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:31 pm

WhiteRider wrote:It would be true for the third player though, who folds on the flop. So we'll need to think some more about how to eliminate that type of situation.

But that's the thing, it wouldn't be true for the player that folds. Check > Bet > Fold is not Bet > Call > ??? (in this case fold)
acesjohn

Postby acesjohn » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:33 pm

PM'd HH.
acesjohn

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 am

Apologies - I misread which player was which in the formatted history. It does correctly match that expression, but that expression isn't accurate enough for the situations you want.

I believe this expression will give you the hands you want.

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0 and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) >= 2 and
(
(
substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1)::int > substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int and
substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position
)
or
(
substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1)::int < cash_hand_player_statistics.position and
(
substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1)::int
or
substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position
)
)
)
WhiteRider

Postby acesjohn » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:07 pm

This is amazing! Thank you so so much :D :D :D
You are a legend for taking the time to solve this problem!

Final question :P

To separate the OOP Check-Raise situations from the IP Raise/Squeeze situations into two stats, do I just need to add either:

"AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check" or "AND NOT cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_check"?
acesjohn

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Yes that should work fine.
Flag_Hippo

Postby acesjohn » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:54 am

I promise you I am running out of questions :lol:

I am trying to apply the Probe/Donk Response stat to the default CBet stat. This is so when playing multi-way I am only facing the CBet, not a CBet + Call

I am tesing it using this code:
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and not substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1) < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)) and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f = 3

However I am getting a hand like this:

(Hero is BB)
CO opens, SB Calls, BB Calls
Flop:
SB Checks, BB Checks, CO CBets, SB Calls, BB facing Cbet and Call...

I assume this is because when facing a probe/donk, we always have position. However with CBets we can be IP or OOP vs the CBetter. How can this code be tweaked to ensure we are also only facing the CBet, regarless of being IP/OOP in relation to the CBetter?
acesjohn

Postby acesjohn » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:52 pm

*BUMP*
acesjohn

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:55 am

For your calls/raises you can test for being the second player to put money in as I described here. For folds/opportunities that is more complex since you have to consider the position of the cbettor relative to the first caller, the position of the first caller relative to you as well as your flop actions which will affect whether you want to count a hand or not. Try this code but if it doesn't include/exclude every situation you need then you will have to edit it:

cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp and cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f = 3 and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1) ::int > substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and not lookup_actions_f.action = 'F') and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1) ::int < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1) ::int < cash_hand_player_statistics.position and not lookup_actions_f.action = 'XF') and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1) ::int < substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1) ::int > cash_hand_player_statistics.position and lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(XC%|XR%)') and not (char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) >= 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 1) ::int > substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1) ::int < cash_hand_player_statistics.position and lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(XC%|XR%)')
Flag_Hippo

Postby Evoke_89 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:39 am

How? I literally do not understand this code, so do not know how to edit it.

What i do know is something is not correct (there are times a player calls before the active player and after the better (through call).

I have no idea: what to change or how.

Please help! I have worked on my HUD for 4months! and this is the only bit of code i am missing!

I need it for:

Fold/Opp for Responses to:

IP CB, IP DELAYED CB and FLOAT in MW situations. Where after the bet is made there are either no actions or only folds before the active player has made there second action.

I am amazed though there is such a vast void between the code for R/C responses and F responses.

Please help!!
Evoke_89

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Evoke_89 wrote:How? I literally do not understand this code, so do not know how to edit it.

If you want more information on how this works this guide covers the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide goes into more detail.
Evoke_89 wrote:What i do know is something is not correct (there are times a player calls before the active player and after the better (through call).

That code excludes the times any other player calls a continuation bet before the active player folds, calls or raises. If you have a specific hand history where a hand should be counted but isn't (or isn't, but should be) then please attach that here or PM it to me.
Evoke_89 wrote:I am amazed though there is such a vast void between the code for R/C responses and F responses.

That code is not only for folds but includes calls and raises provided no other player puts money in versus the continuation bet before the active player. There is more than one situation to test for/exclude as depending on the positions of the other players relative to the active player as you'd want to count some folds but not others e.g:

SB cbets, BB (Hero) folds, MP calls COUNT
SB cbets, BB calls, MP (Hero) folds DO NOT COUNT
SB checks, BB cbets, MP (Hero) folds, SB calls COUNT
SB (Hero) checks, BB cbets, MP calls, SB (Hero) folds DO NOT COUNT
SB (Hero) checks, MP checks, BTN cbets, SB (Hero) folds, MP calls COUNT
SB checks, MP (Hero) checks, BTN cbets, SB calls, MP (Hero) folds DO NOT COUNT
Flag_Hippo

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles