All Player Reports & observed hands

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

All Player Reports & observed hands

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:18 pm

1) Does the All Player Report definitely work with db's that have observed hands?

2) Do the totals in bold at the bottom of an All Player Report reflect the frequency of the overall totals for each player or the frequency of individual hands?

Example: I somehow have a two-person database; player A has 10,000 hands and his VPIP is 20%; player B only has 1,000 hands is his VPIP is 30%. Will the total for VPIP be 25% or be something more like 20.9%? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks. :)
rowhousepd

Re: All Player Reports & observed hands

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:51 am

1) It should although most, if not all, poker sites no longer provide observed hand histories. While we do not prohibit you from importing observed hand histories for use within PokerTracker you should check the terms of service for your poker site(s).

2) The averages are weighted based on sample sizes so based on your example you would see a number that's lower than 25%.
Flag_Hippo

Re: All Player Reports & observed hands

Postby rowhousepd » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:34 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:1) It should although most, if not all, poker sites no longer provide observed hand histories. While we do not prohibit you from importing observed hand histories for use within PokerTracker you should check the terms of service for your poker site(s).

Yeah, I'm aware. I just have a giant old db with some observed from way back when, and I wanted to make sure having hands I didn't play in the db wouldn't do something screwy like count the hands twice orsomething.

2) The averages are weighted based on sample sizes so based on your example you would see a number that's lower than 25%.

Gotcha, so basically the really high-volume players are going to skew the results towards their tendencies since they have more hands. Hmmm. Ok, good to know.
rowhousepd

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles