Facing F/T/R Squeeze

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Facing F/T/R Squeeze

Postby Evoke_89 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:41 pm

Assuming the Squeeze bet is made in position on us what am i missing?

As the better:
cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f > 2
and
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_open
and
(lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(BF|BC|BR)%')
and not
(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_3bet_def_opp or cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_4bet_def_opp)

As the caller:
cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f > 2
and
cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing > 0
and not
(cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_3bet_def_opp or cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_4bet_def_opp)
and
(lookup_actions_f.action SIMILAR TO '(CF|CC|CR)%')

AS THE CALLER:
I need to say the raise was made IP/from a later position.

AS THE BETTER:
I need to say their was a caller and a raise IP/from later positions.
Evoke_89

Re: Facing F/T/R Squeeze

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:12 pm

For that you would need to test the positions of the other players relative to the bettor/caller with a method similar to the example I gave you in this thread although it likely wouldn't need to be as long as that.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Evoke_89 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:For that you would need to test the positions of the other players relative to the bettor/caller with a method similar to the example I gave you in this thread although it likely wouldn't need to be as long as that.

char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f) > 1 and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) > 2 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 1) ::int = substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int

I really don't understand.

I understand:

0-9 specify specific positions

"char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f) = 3" means there were 3 aggressive actions

"char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) = 3" means there are 3 actors (although does actor mean vpip or has two cards/to make a desison?)

I do not understand:

"substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 1) ::int = substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int" <How this code specify's the actions and the positions they came from.

So for example:

I do not understand how to specify two actions after me, the first a call, the second a raise.
Evoke_89

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

An "actor" is someone who voluntarily puts money/chips in the pot - either call or raise, but not blinds.

"substring ... from 1 for 1" means 1 character from position 1, so the first character. Because this is a character we can use ::int to cast it to an integer, although in this case we're just checking if they're equal so that isn't strictly necessary.
"from 2 for 1" means 1 character from the second position, so the second character.

Therefore:

substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 1) ::int = substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int

..says that the first aggressor (first raiser) was the same as the first actor (first call or raise), so no-one could have limped before the first raise.
That isn't the relevant part to this case though. You'll need to compare the position of the relevant raiser or caller (using substring like above) to the position of the player the stat is for, as discussed in the thread Flag_Hippo linked you to.
WhiteRider

Postby Evoke_89 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:23 pm

WhiteRider wrote:An "actor" is someone who voluntarily puts money/chips in the pot - either call or raise, but not blinds.

"substring ... from 1 for 1" means 1 character from position 1, so the first character. Because this is a character we can use ::int to cast it to an integer, although in this case we're just checking if they're equal so that isn't strictly necessary.
"from 2 for 1" means 1 character from the second position, so the second character.

Therefore:

substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 1) ::int = substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int

..says that the first aggressor (first raiser) was the same as the first actor (first call or raise), so no-one could have limped before the first raise.
That isn't the relevant part to this case though. You'll need to compare the position of the relevant raiser or caller (using substring like above) to the position of the player the stat is for, as discussed in the thread Flag_Hippo linked you to.

So if i understandm are these statements correct:

Open Betting would not count as an actor or aggressor?

+

(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 1) = First Aggressor same as first Actor.
(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 2 for 1) = Second Aggressor same as first Actor.
(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 2 for 2) = Second Aggressor same as second Actor.
(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 3) = First Aggressor same as third Actor.

+

(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1) = 2 Actors after active player position.
(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 2) = 2 Actors before active player position.

ALso:
?
I notice "> cash_hand_player_statistics.position" or "< cash_hand_player_statistics.position". Is this to assign the potions?

Eg:

> cash_hand_player_statistics.position = From a latter position
> cash_hand_player_statistics.position = From an Earlier position

Hopefully i got something right, i want to understand this!
Evoke_89

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Open Betting would not count as an actor or aggressor?

Betting is an aggressive action so counts as both an actor and an aggressor.

Evoke_89 wrote:(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 1) = First Aggressor same as first Actor.
(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 2 for 1) = Second Aggressor same as first Actor.
(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 2 for 2) = Second Aggressor same as second Actor.
(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 1 for 3) = First Aggressor same as third Actor.

No. All of these refer to the aggressors string on the flop - "cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f".
The "from x for y" part refers to the substring function, which you haven't included here. Just "(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 2 for 1)" doesn't mean anything - you would need "substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 2 for 1)" for that to mean anything. See "substring" here for how to use that.
From 1 for 1 is 1 character from the first character, so the first aggressor (the bet).
From 2 for 1 is 1 character from the second character, so the second aggressor (the 2bet).
etc.

Evoke_89 wrote:(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1) = 2 Actors after active player position.
(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 1 for 2) = 2 Actors before active player position.

No. As above, but for the actors.

I notice "> cash_hand_player_statistics.position" or "< cash_hand_player_statistics.position". Is this to assign the potions?

"cash_hand_player_statistics.position" is the position of the current player; the player the stat is for. > or < is to compare it to another position; either a specific position or in this case the position of one of the actors or aggressors.

Please read this post which explains how these strings work.
If there is something there which you don't understand please let us know and we'll try to explain it better.
WhiteRider

Postby Evoke_89 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:59 pm

Baised on what you have said, what is wrong with this? Assuming i want to say:
"The second aggressor (f-2bet) is the same as the second actor (aka, bet then raise)"

Code: Select all
char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f) > 1 and char_length(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f) > 1 and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_aggressors_f from 2 for 1) ::int != substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_f from 2 for 1)::int
Evoke_89

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:20 am

You are using != which means 'Does Not Equal'.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Evoke_89 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:20 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:You are using != which means 'Does Not Equal'.

I see, this is good information. Do i just remove "!" to make it a positive expresion?

Do i need "actors =" and "aggressors =" (char length) or could i just have the substring bit?

Also, what does ">= ?" Mean? I know ">?" Means greater than, but how does "=" change the meaning?
Evoke_89

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:00 am

Yes all you need to do is remove the '!' to fix that and '>=' means 'Greater Than or Equal'. Also if you create a custom report and then go to where you add expression filters you can click on 'Insert' to see the list of operators with their definitions.
Evoke_89 wrote:Do i need "actors =" and "aggressors =" (char length) or could i just have the substring bit?

You need to test the char_length of the relevant strings to make sure that what you want actually exists there.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles