Positional Chipev stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Positional Chipev stat

Postby mich125 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:48 am

I was trying to make positional chipev stats for spins, hu is easy, but 3 way I have it wrong somewhere, cause total 3way chipev is different. Maybe you can help me out:

Those are columns, which I then divide by cnt_tourneys to make cev stat for each position.

BTN - thats probably fine:

sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.cnt_players=3
AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 0 ,
tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_expected_won, 0])

For others, there is a mistake somewhere, can you tell me what is wrong?

SB vs BB

sum(if[tourney_hand_summary.cnt_players = 3
AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9
AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p NOT LIKE '0%' ,

SB vs BTN

AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 9
AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '0%' ,

BB vs BTN

AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.position = 8
AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '0%' ,

BB vs SB

AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '9%' ,

BB vs SB & BTN

AND tourney_hand_summary.str_actors_p LIKE '09%' ,
mich125

Re: Positional Chipev stat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:01 pm

SB vs BB, BB vs SB: Your expression says that the button folds preflop so if the button limps or raises (not all-in), SB shoves, BB calls and BTN folds you are not counting that in these columns. Also if all 3 players go to the flop/turn and the BTN folds to SB and BB all-ins then you are not counting that either in these columns.

BB vs BTN: If button limps or raises (not all-in), SB shoves, BB calls and BTN folds then that will be counted as adjusted equity vs the wrong position.

I could give more examples but these columns need alot more detail to count what you want. You'd probably need to build separate columns for preflop, flop and turn all-ins but these statistics are likely going to be extremely complex to make sure that all possible scenarios are captured and counted correctly. You may be able to use subqueries to build these statistics another way and for more on how SELECT works see this guide.
Flag_Hippo

Postby mich125 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:SB vs BB, BB vs SB: Your expression says that the button folds preflop so if the button limps or raises (not all-in), SB shoves, BB calls and BTN folds you are not counting that in these columns. Also if all 3 players go to the flop/turn and the BTN folds to SB and BB all-ins then you are not counting that either in these columns.

BB vs BTN: If button limps or raises (not all-in), SB shoves, BB calls and BTN folds then that will be counted as adjusted equity vs the wrong position.

I could give more examples but these columns need alot more detail to count what you want. You'd probably need to build separate columns for preflop, flop and turn all-ins but these statistics are likely going to be extremely complex to make sure that all possible scenarios are captured and counted correctly. You may be able to use subqueries to build these statistics another way and for more on how SELECT works see this guide.

Damn that sounds to complicated for me atm. I checked SELECT, but i dont have an idea how to approach building it different way using SELECT, if someone can give me an idea/example it would be nice.
mich125

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Part of this expression tests for the position of another player in a hand and a part of this expression tests whether a player was all-in before the river and saw showdown. I don't know the difficulty/feasability of building this stat using subqueries but those may be useful to you in building your statistic and if you search this forum using 'thps' or 'chps' there will be many more examples of this type of expression.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles