Stat Cold 4Bet Ratio/Range

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Stat Cold 4Bet Ratio/Range

Postby SirDehi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 pm

Good evening, I'm completely confused as to how I could get a stat to display a player's "Cold 4Bet Ratio" (could also be named "Open 4Bet Ratio").
Ratio here would mean that I want it to display a range number.

To calculate a normal 4Bet Range I would need to input something along the lines of the following into the Stat:
RFI_frequency * 100 * 4bet_frequency

But what should I put in order to obtain a COLD 4bet ratio?

Thank you for your time,
SirDehi

Re: Stat Cold 4Bet Ratio/Range

Postby SirDehi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 pm

I am having the sneaking suspicion it already is a ratio... :roll:
SirDehi

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:48 am

I'm not sure what you're trying to display. If you want to show something related to open-4Bets, would you still want that to include something to do with general raises?
Are you trying to show the proportion of open raises which are 4bets?
WhiteRider

Postby SirDehi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 am

What I want to do is have a stat that says for example "this guy cold 4bets 1% of hands" which could indicate roughly AA or KK only.
SirDehi

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 am

Wouldn't that just be a normal stat, where the columns count the number of actions/opportunities to 4bet as the first action (i.e. without limping, 2betting or 3betting)? I'm not sure why you'd want to include "RFI_frequency" in that?
WhiteRider

Postby SirDehi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:30 am

Let me rephrase everything from the beginning!

The "4bet+ frequency" statistic outputs something different relative to the "4Bet Ratio" statistic.
The former displays a frequency, the latter represents a range.

My first question is: does the statistic "Open 4Bet+" in PT4 display a frequency or a range?
If it's a range, which I'm not sure of and would appreciate confirmation if that's the case, then perfect my issue is solved!
If it's a frequency, how can I create a statistic that could display a Open 4Bet+ range number?

Hope that clears things up :)
Thanks for your time
SirDehi

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:38 pm

The built-in stat is the percentage of the times that a player 4Bet or higher preflop given that it was his first preflop action and had a chance to do so. I guess that means it's a "frequency" in your wording.

How would a range be different to that? I assume you don't want to count how often a player made a cold 4bet out of all of their dealt hands, because that would include a lot of hands where they didn't have chance to 4bet.
As I understand it; when people talk about a 'range' stat, it's something like how often they 4bet given that they previously 2bet, but there's no previous action here, so I'm not sure what value you want to see. If you can tell us exactly what you want to count we can help you, but to me the built-in stat tells you what percentage of their hands they are prepared to cold-4bet with, and I don't know how their "range" for that action would be any different to that?
WhiteRider

Postby SirDehi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:07 pm

Thanks for the answer, I was confused but now I understand what you mean. I am sure of what the Open 4bet+ stat represents now :) Ty!
SirDehi

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles