Call 4Bet after 3bet from the BB/SB/BN vs CO/BN/SB positions

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Call 4Bet after 3bet from the BB/SB/BN vs CO/BN/SB positions

Postby SirDehi » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:58 am

Good afternoon,
How can I create a "Call 4Bet after 3bet from the BB/SB/BN vs CO/BN/SB positions" stat? When I look at how the default "Call 4Bet" stat is created I get super confused:
Code: Select all
((cnt_p_4bet_def_action_call + cnt_f_4bet_def_action_call + cnt_t_4bet_def_action_call + cnt_r_4bet_def_action_call) / (cnt_p_4bet_def_opp + cnt_f_4bet_def_opp + cnt_t_4bet_def_opp + cnt_r_4bet_def_opp)) * 100

Cheers,
SirDehi

Re: Call 4Bet after 3bet from the BB/SB/BN vs CO/BN/SB posit

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:24 pm

The default 'Call 4Bet' statistic is the total for all streets (look at the description for the stat on the 'Details' tab) so the actions and opportunities column for each street have been added together. Is that what you want for your own stat or do you want it for preflop or a specific postflop street? There are also built-in stats for preflop ('Call PF 4Bet') and each postflop street ('Call x 4Bet' where x = street identifier).
Flag_Hippo

Postby SirDehi » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:17 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:The default 'Call 4Bet' statistic is the total for all streets (look at the description for the stat on the 'Details' tab) so the actions and opportunities column for each street have been added together.

Sometimes I have brain farts and when I see something new I assume I can't understand it. So actually I'm not confused about this any more, thank you :)

When I'm done doing the statistic, I'll post it here for verification and then I'll submit it to the warehouse :D
SirDehi

Postby SirDehi » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:04 pm

I am currently trying to create a 4bet stat that does not take into account plays that are not standard, I would like to create the following stat:

Number of times a player 4bets preflop when respecting the following conditions:
- No limpers
- The player is the RFI
- Both the RFI and the 3bettor are at an effective stack depth of 90bb+
- The RFI is facing a 3bet raise of 5 to 10bb
- The RFI's 4bet sizing is between 18 and 33bb.

It's not working though! Also, I can't find a way to evaluate the 3bettors stack depth, or evaluation the effective stack depth between the 3bettor and the RFI.

Here's what I got so far in the actions column:
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_def_opp = FALSE and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / cash_limit.amt_bb > 90 and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing BETWEEN 5 AND 10 and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_p BETWEEN 18 AND 33, 1, 0])

Can you spot where I am going wrong?
SirDehi

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:37 pm

SirDehi wrote:It's not working though!

You haven't divided cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_p by cash_limit.amt_bb.
SirDehi wrote:Also, I can't find a way to evaluate the 3bettors stack depth, or evaluation the effective stack depth between the 3bettor and the RFI.

If you want information about a player different from the one the stat is written for then that would require a subquery - for more on how SELECT works see here and if you search this forum using 'chps' or 'thps' there will be many examples of this type of expression.
Flag_Hippo

Postby SirDehi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:41 am

Thank you for the help and information, I'll make sure to give those tutorials a read!
The statistic works, BUT there is a bug as soon as I try to create positional stats for this with the HUD editor.
An error is displayed:
2019-01-18 16_36_49-.png
2019-01-18 16_36_49-.png (1.77 KiB) Viewed 1728 times

Here is the expression of my statistic:
2019-01-18 16_41_41-Statistics.png

Here are the columns for my stat:
cnt_p_regular_4bet
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_def_opp = FALSE and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / cash_limit.amt_bb > 90 and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing / cash_limit.amt_bb BETWEEN 5 AND 10 and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_p / cash_limit.amt_bb BETWEEN 18 AND 33, 1, 0])

cnt_p_regular_4bet_opp
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_first_raise and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_def_opp = FALSE and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet_opp and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / cash_limit.amt_bb > 90 and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing / cash_limit.amt_bb BETWEEN 5 AND 10, 1, 0])

Any idea of how I could get this stat to work for every position?
SirDehi

Postby SirDehi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:44 pm

I have reworked the statistic and am no longer seeing this bug!
So far so good, i'll keep you updated

actions
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_def_opp = false and substring(cash_hand_summary.str_actors_p from 3 for 1)::int = cash_hand_player_statistics.position and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing / cash_limit.amt_bb between 5 and 10 and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / cash_limit.amt_bb > 90, 1, 0])

opportunities
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_def_opp = false and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_opp = false and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing / cash_limit.amt_bb between 5 and 10 and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / cash_limit.amt_bb > 90, 1, 0])
SirDehi

Postby SirDehi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:28 pm

[deleted]
SirDehi

Postby SirDehi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:03 pm

So the stat is coming along nice but I have an issue I *really* don't understand.

2019-01-18 22_00_36-PokerTracker4TablePopup.png
2019-01-18 22_00_36-PokerTracker4TablePopup.png (4.16 KiB) Viewed 1693 times

As you can see, under the total column the amount of actions and opportunities do NOT add up if we compare those numbers to the sum of actions and opportunities from each position... do you have any idea what is going on?

Here are the columns:

action
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_def_opp = false and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_opp = false and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing / cash_limit.amt_bb between 5 and 10 and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / cash_limit.amt_bb between 90 and 160 and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_4bet and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_bet_p / cash_limit.amt_bb between 18 and 33, 1, 0])

opportunity
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_open and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_def_opp = false and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_squeeze_opp = false and cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_def_opp and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_raise_facing / cash_limit.amt_bb between 5 and 10 and cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_before / cash_limit.amt_bb between 90 and 160, 1, 0])

statistic definition
(cnt_p_regular_4bet / cnt_p_regular_4bet_opp) * 100

Again thank you for all the help you have been providing me!
SirDehi

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:35 pm

SirDehi.png

I cannot reproduce this. Have you rebuilt your custom cache?
Flag_Hippo

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles