Board Texture Report

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Board Texture Report

Postby Evoke_89 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:34 pm

Hello,

I would like to make a board texture report but don't know how to code board textures.

For example:

If I wanted paired boards in 3bet pots, how would i code this?

"3bet or 3bet_def_opp and ???"
Evoke_89

Re: Board Texture Report

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:08 am

If you start PokerTracker 4 with logging enabled you can check the log file for these queries. To do that run a simple custom report with only the 'Hands' stat and then add a simple filter for the 'Board Texture'. Next select the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' option and go into the 'Logs' folder and open the 'PokerTracker4.log' file in a text editor. At the bottom of that file you can extract the SQL that was used for the query - the relevant parts for the flop cards are cash_hand_summary.card_1 through to cash_hand_summary.card_3.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Evoke_89 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:42 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:If you start PokerTracker 4 with logging enabled you can check the log file for these queries. To do that run a simple custom report with only the 'Hands' stat and then add a simple filter for the 'Board Texture'. Next select the 'File -> Open User Data Folder' option and go into the 'Logs' folder and open the 'PokerTracker4.log' file in a text editor. At the bottom of that file you can extract the SQL that was used for the query - the relevant parts for the flop cards are cash_hand_summary.card_1 through to cash_hand_summary.card_3.

Thank you for this, I will look into this. Although I am not sure if we are on the same page (still useful).

So lets says I was to make a custom report "bb/won by board texture", this report would be made up of custom stats:

"bb/won on paired board" - "bb/won on 3 flush" etc.

I would like to know how to code the stat "bb/won on paired board".

So to do this i need to replace the "???" with something:

sum(if[??? , cash_hand_player_statistics.amt_won / cash_limit.amt_bb, 0])

Would this be correct?

If we don't care about the third flop card, there are 13 possible paired boards.

Like wise with three flushes, there are 4.

Can we specify this without assigning specific cards?

EG: Can i say-
"two cards the same" instead of "2d2h or 2d2c or 3h3s" etc.
or
"3x spades or diamonds or clubs or hearts" instead of "8s7s6s or Jd4d2d" etc.
Evoke_89

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:28 am

Evoke_89 wrote:If we don't care about the third flop card, there are 13 possible paired boards.

Each individual card can be dealt first, second or third on the flop so you can't ignore the third flop card and there are 468 possible paired boards (not counting all possible combos of the unpaired card):

Ac Ad x, Ac x Ad, x Ac Ad, Ad Ac x, Ad x Ac, x Ad Ac, Ac Ah x, Ac x Ah e.t.c

but the expression won't be as long due to the use of a modulo operator.
Evoke_89 wrote:So to do this i need to replace the "???" with something

I explained how to get the code you need in my original reply - see here for an example.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Evoke_89 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:32 pm

Flag_Hippo wrote:
Evoke_89 wrote:If we don't care about the third flop card, there are 13 possible paired boards.

Each individual card can be dealt first, second or third on the flop so you can't ignore the third flop card and there are 468 possible paired boards (not counting all possible combos of the unpaired card):

Ac Ad x, Ac x Ad, x Ac Ad, Ad Ac x, Ad x Ac, x Ad Ac, Ac Ah x, Ac x Ah e.t.c

but the expression won't be as long due to the use of a modulo operator.
Evoke_89 wrote:So to do this i need to replace the "???" with something

I explained how to get the code you need in my original reply - see here for an example.

This will keep me busy when I have the time to commit to it.

I'll thank you now because this seems like a big project i'll need to commit a fair bit of time to and not sure when this will be.
Evoke_89

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:04 pm

It's not a big project as you think to add a simple filter in a report and get the code from the log file - it took me less than a minute to get this expression for paired boards:

Code: Select all
(((((((cash_hand_summary.card_1 > 0 and ((cash_hand_summary.card_1  % 13 = cash_hand_summary.card_2 % 13) OR  (cash_hand_summary.card_1  % 13 = cash_hand_summary.card_3 % 13) OR (cash_hand_summary.card_2  % 13 = cash_hand_summary.card_3 % 13))))))) AND ((NOT (((((cash_hand_summary.card_1 > 0 and cash_hand_summary.card_1 % 13  = cash_hand_summary.card_2 % 13 and cash_hand_summary.card_2 % 13 = cash_hand_summary.card_3 % 13)))))))))
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles