Fold to Cbet Stat by Amount of Cbet

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Fold to Cbet Stat by Amount of Cbet

Postby babalouise » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:52 am

There is a stat in PokerTracker, Fold to F Cbet, to get the percent of times a player folded to a cbet on the flop.

I would like to get this stat more refined. For example, I would like to know the percent of times a player folded to a cbet on the flop, when the cbet size was 1/3 pot, or 1/2 pot, or pot.

I've found a column variable called val_f_bet_size. But I can't quite use this variable for my purpose, because val_f_bet_size refers to the player in question (i.e., the player who may or may not have folded to the cbet). So this player's val_f_bet_size would by definition = 0 (no bet). If their val_f_bet_size is anything other than 0, then they would not be facing a cbet.

So what I need is the bet size that they are FACING, not the bet size that they made.

Any suggestions?

Thanks much.
babalouise

Re: Fold to Cbet Stat by Amount of Cbet

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:27 am

For the size of the bet faced (not bet made) as a percentage of the pot you can use cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_facing_pct and to make sure that's a CBet you will need to add cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp. Also bear in mind that in multiway pots that this percentage will change if they are any players that call the CBet in between.
Flag_Hippo

Postby babalouise » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Thanks! I never saw the two variables that you mention below: val_f_bet_facing_pct and flg_f_cbet_def_opp. That's great!

I do have a follow-up question, regarding the multiway pots. Let's say there are 3 players and player 1 was last aggressor pre-flop.

So on flop:

player 1: bets

player 2: Is their flg_f_cbet_def_opp = 1? That is, they are defending a cbet? Now, let's say player 2 calls.

player 3: Is their flg_f_cbet_def_opp = 1? That is, does the call by player 2 affect this flag for player 3?

I'm just trying to figure out what you meant when you wrote "Also bear in mind that in multiway pots that this percentage will change if they are any players that call the CBet in between."

Thanks much.
babalouise

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:23 am

babalouise wrote:So on flop:

player 1: bets

player 2: Is their flg_f_cbet_def_opp = 1? That is, they are defending a cbet? Now, let's say player 2 calls.

player 3: Is their flg_f_cbet_def_opp = 1? That is, does the call by player 2 affect this flag for player 3?

The flag (flg) means that this is a boolean so there is no value and it's either true:

Code: Select all
cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp

or false:

Code: Select all
NOT cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_f_cbet_def_opp

If player 2 folds or calls it remains true for player 3 but if player 2 raises it would not.
babalouise wrote:I'm just trying to figure out what you meant when you wrote "Also bear in mind that in multiway pots that this percentage will change if they are any players that call the CBet in between."

Player 1 - CBets $10 into $10.

Player 2 - Pot is now $20 and player 2 needs to call $10 to stay in hand so they are facing a CBet that's 50% of the pot.

Player 3 - If player 2 calls then pot is now 30$. Player 3 needs to still call $10 to stay in hand but they are facing a CBet that's 33.3% of the pot.

If required you can specify that the flop was heads up using cash_hand_summary.cnt_players_f = 2.
Flag_Hippo

Postby babalouise » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:54 am

That's perfect. It is exactly what I would want the boolean flag (flg_f_cbet_def_opp) to mean: "If player 2 folds or calls it remains true for player 3 but if player 2 raises it would not." Perfect. Thanks!
babalouise

Postby limonardi » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:32 am

babalouise wrote:That's perfect. It is exactly what I would want the boolean flag (flg_f_cbet_def_opp) to mean: "If player 2 folds or calls it remains true for player 3 but if player 2 raises it would not." Perfect. Thanks!

how can i get this stat or a help or guide to build it?
limonardi

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:32 pm

limonardi wrote:how can i get this stat or a help or guide to build it?

This guide covers the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide goes into more detail. While the latter was originally written for PokerTracker 3 the techniques all still apply to PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles