stat for 3Bet any in either SB or BB

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

stat for 3Bet any in either SB or BB

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:50 am

I'm rying to create a fairly simple custom stat for 3Bet% in either SB or BB vs any raise -- so not just vs LP steals, but vs EP and MP raises as well. Basically I'm looking for a way to get a Preflop 3Bet out of position (in the blinds) stat. Hope that makes sense. Any suggestions? I'm stumped. :/
rowhousepd

Re: stat for 3Bet any in either SB or BB

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:04 am

Duplicate the default columns for 3betting and add the SB/BB position information:

cnt_p_3bet_blinds

Code: Select all
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet and cash_hand_player_statistics.position between 8 and 9, 1, 0])

cnt_p_3bet_opp_blinds

Code: Select all
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_opp and cash_hand_player_statistics.position between 8 and 9, 1, 0])
Flag_Hippo

Postby rowhousepd » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:23 pm

Hmm. That almost works ... but when I look at the default "3Bet Preflop" stat in my hud and break it down across the columns by position, shouldn't the total instances/opportunities for the SB & BB (combined) be the number we see for this new stat? It looks like they're off for most players, almost always with the opportunities being higher than the one you'd get if you add up the SB & BB.

Just so I'm clear though, I've created custom two columns "cnt_p_3bet_blinds" and "cnt_p_3bet_opp_blinds" with the expressions you suggested above. The new stat definition is simply: (cnt_p_3bet_blinds / cnt_p_3bet_opp_blinds) * 100. That's what I should be doing, no? Thanks.
rowhousepd

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:20 pm

I am not seeing this so if you're getting strange values make sure you've rebuilt your custom cache.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:45 am

Oh weird, well, that worked! I didn't even know rebuilding a custom cache was a thing. Thanks Flag! :)
rowhousepd

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:31 am

The custom cache needs to be rebuilt for any new/changed columns to use it and we have a guide explaining the database cache here.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles