3Bet BB to Steal Attempt stat

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

3Bet BB to Steal Attempt stat

Postby rowhousepd » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:08 am

I'd like to create a stat for 3Bets made by BB vs a steal attempt from any position. I think I've got this right, but could you confirm that this makes sense?

Stat definition:
Code: Select all
(cnt_steal_def_action_raise / cnt_steal_def_opp_bb) * 100

Column name:
cnt_steal_def_opp_bb

Column expression:
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_b, 1, 0])

Also, if I wanted to crate the same one for SB vs steal attempts, I assume I'd basically just change "flg_blind_b" to "flg_blind_s", correct? Thanks! :)
rowhousepd

Re: 3Bet BB to Steal Attempt stat

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:44 pm

rowhousepd wrote:I'd like to create a stat for 3Bets made by BB vs a steal attempt from any position.

I am not sure exactly what you are after here. By definition a steal cannot be made from any position (only the CO/BTN/SB) so if you want to have a statistic that counts against open raises made from any position then you cannot use cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp since it would never be true for facing open raises made from positions before the CO. If you do only mean steals from the CO/BTN/SB then there is a built-in stat called '3Bet Steal' and you can add the position information there (using either cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_x or cash_hand_player_statistics.position = y) or via the 'Position' property in the HUD Profile Editor.
Flag_Hippo

Postby rowhousepd » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:44 am

Just to clarify, I'd like a stat for the % of times the BB 3Bets when faced with a steal attempt from any of the three possible steal positions. (I said "any position" meaning I'm not looking for BB vs one of them or vs LP.) Sorry about that. So yeah, I'm looking for the second one you described.

Flag_Hippo wrote:If you do only mean steals from the CO/BTN/SB then there is a built-in stat called '3Bet Steal' and you can add the position information there (using either cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_x or cash_hand_player_statistics.position = y) or via the 'Position' property in the HUD Profile Editor.

Ok, let's scratch the example from my previous post. I think you're saying I ought to do something like this....

Stat Expression:
(cnt_steal_def_action_raise_bb / cnt_steal_def_3bet_opp_bb) * 100

Expressions for cnt_steal_def_action_raise_bb:
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND lookup_actions_p.action LIKE 'R%' AND cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 8, 1, 0])

Expressions for cnt_steal_def_3bet_opp_bb:
sum(if[cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.flg_p_3bet_opp AND cash_hand_player_statistics.position = 8, 1, 0])

And likewise for the small blind, I'd change column expressions to "position = 9", correct?
rowhousepd

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:26 am

That's correct.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles