hand combination report

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

hand combination report

Postby lowraise » Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:54 am

Hi there,

I want to replicate a report on Hold'em Manager that shows you a report by hand groupings e.g. AA; Suited A; Suited Connectors; etc. Is there a way to do this in PT?

Cheers
lowraise

Re: hand combination report

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:20 am

Yes - in either the Results or Statistic pages of View Stats, select the Summary report then the Group By > Starting Hands (Holdem) report.
WhiteRider

Postby lowraise » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:07 am

WhiteRider wrote:Yes - in either the Results or Statistic pages of View Stats, select the Summary report then the Group By > Starting Hands (Holdem) report.

Hi @WhiteRider, thank you for this and I had looked at this but this only gives it to me by hands, I'm looking for a summary report by groupings of hands types like suited connectors, suited aces, 1 gapper, etc like Hold'em Manager 3. Or do I have to start using Hold'em Manager 3 if I want to do the analysis I want to do?
lowraise

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:25 am

Those groupings are not available by default but you could create a custom statistic to show hands grouped that way.
Flag_Hippo

Postby lowraise » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:40 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:Those groupings are not available by default but you could create a custom statistic to show hands grouped that way.

how would I do that? Is there any plans to do something like this as it is in Hold'em Manager and seems a really good report to have as default
lowraise

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:34 am

I am not aware of any plans so creating this report would need custom statistics. This guide covers the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide goes into more detail. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different. There are also several grouping statistics in PokerTracker 4 to give you an idea of how that works and to get the required expressions you can run filters (e.g. for suited connectors) and then extract the queries from the PokerTracker4.log file like this.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles