Would like some feedback on my first custom statistic

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Would like some feedback on my first custom statistic

Postby stewie055 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:38 am

Hello,

I am trying to create my first custom stat named "Donk total". I would like it to be a percentage based on the total amount of times a player had the opportunity to donk bet out and did so.
My current settings:
https://i.gyazo.com/83553e45dcb65528dca ... 56e655.png

I would like to recieve some feedback to see if I am approaching this correctly!
stewie055

Re: Would like some feedback on my first custom statistic

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:39 am

All you are doing with that is adding up the times a player is donk betting and dividing by 6 which is just going to give you a raw number. To calculate a percentage a statistic is generally in this format:

( a / b ) * 100

where 'a' would be how often a player does something (these columns you are using) and 'b' is how often a player has the opportunity to do that thing (these columns you are not using). Opportunity columns in PokerTracker 4 end with _opp so for example a players flop donk percentage is:

(cnt_f_donk / cnt_f_donk_opp) * 100

Therefore a statistic calculating a total for all streets would be:

((cnt_f_donk + cnt_t_donk + cnt_r_donk) / (cnt_f_donk_opp + cnt_t_donk_opp + cnt_r_donk_opp)) * 100

These columns already include all types of pots so you do not need to add the 3bet columns as well.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Would like some feedback on my first custom statistic

Postby stewie055 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:07 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:All you are doing with that is adding up the times a player is donk betting and dividing by 6 which is just going to give you a raw number. To calculate a percentage a statistic is generally in this format:

( a / b ) * 100

where 'a' would be how often a player does something (these columns you are using) and 'b' is how often a player has the opportunity to do that thing (these columns you are not using). Opportunity columns in PokerTracker 4 end with _opp so for example a players flop donk percentage is:

(cnt_f_donk / cnt_f_donk_opp) * 100

Therefore a statistic calculating a total for all streets would be:

((cnt_f_donk + cnt_t_donk + cnt_r_donk) / (cnt_f_donk_opp + cnt_t_donk_opp + cnt_r_donk_opp)) * 100

These columns already include all types of pots so you do not need to add the 3bet columns as well.

Thanks for your in depth reply, this gives me a better understanding of how it works! Appreciate it
stewie055

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles