MTT information stats

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re: MTT information stats

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 am

The Hand stat Chips Won and the Player stat Chips Won effectively do the same thing, but are defined differently because the Hand stat is just for individual hands, and the Player stat is for the total across all hands.

The Hand column is just:
tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_won

..where the Player column is:
sum(tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_won)

In a [different] Player stat if you were to use the column 'amt_chips_won' then that would have the value across all hands.
If you want to make a Player stat which does calculations based on the amount won in each hand, but across all hands, then you can't use the column 'amt_chips_won', you need to make another column which uses the database field 'tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_won'.

Take the Player stat 'BB Won' for example.
This is the number of big blinds won by the player.
To calculate that we need to divide the number of chips won in each hand by the size of the big blind in that hand, and then sum up the results.
If you were to make a stat with an expression like 'amt_chips_won / amt_bb' then that would not work. That would divide the total amount of chips won by a single BB amount - but there isn't a single BB amount across all hands.
Instead we need to do that in a new column, like this: (See the built-in BB Won stat, and the column 'amt_bb_won' that it uses, which is defined as:
sum(tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_won / tourney_blinds.amt_bb)

You would need to do the same sort of thing for your stat.
However, columns work by (effectively) iterating through each hand and manipulating the data, but your stat needs to use data from tournaments, not just hands, and that does not generally work.
WhiteRider

Postby Kadwallon » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:35 pm

sam_hawkins wrote:Here is the statistic, dunno if it is correct. The column starting stack is
Code: Select all
first_value(tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_before) over
(partition by tourney_hand_player_statistics.id_tourney order by tourney_hand_player_statistics.date_played)

Hello,

I'm quoting this because i'm trying to create a starting stack filter for tournaments so PT4 won't mix my 25BB and 75 BB SNG with each other. I saw many threads on the forum but no one really worked on my PT4. Everytime i use a forum's expression, for exemple the one above, it tells me "error : the column is not cacheable". What does this mean i what can i do about it ?

Thanks,
Kadwallon
Kadwallon

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:23 pm

That data will not be cacheable (because it needs to be re-queried every time) but if you turn off the 'Cache' flag it may still work as a column.
WhiteRider

Postby Kadwallon » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:54 pm

Ok, i untick the cache square but it still doesn't work.
Whent trying to use the stat or other stat found on the forum, it says : "ERROR : column tourney hand player must appear in group by clause... " When i tick "group by" in the column it doesn't change.

How can i filter by starting stack then ?

Thanks,
Kadwallon
Kadwallon

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:24 am

If unticking the cache flag didn't help then I don't know of a working method for that - see this reply earlier in the thread. This post goes into some more detail although as mentioned any statistic that uses data from tournaments and hands doesn't usually work.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kadwallon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:16 am

Thanks but i read your posts and didn't find the solution yet.

I've tried 3 different expressions found on the forum and this one is on the way of working :
select distinct first_value(thps.amt_before) over (partition by thps.id_tourney order by thps.date_played)
from tourney_hand_player_statistics as thps
join tourney_summary as ts on ts.id_tourney = thps.id_tourney
where thps.flg_hero
and ts.tourney_no = tourney_summary.tourney_no

Unfortunately, it shows 1500.0000 amount for each one (see screenshot), moreover, it shows only 558 tournaments while i've played 1350 with this hero, any idea why is that ?

Kadwallon
Attachments
starting stack 1500.0000.png
Kadwallon

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:52 am

Kadwallon wrote:Unfortunately, it shows 1500.0000 amount for each one (see screenshot),

Change the 'Format Type:' of your custom statistic to 'Number' with 'Decimals' unchecked. There you can also enable/disable commas as required depending on whether you want to see '1500' or '1,500'.
Kadwallon wrote:moreover, it shows only 558 tournaments while i've played 1350 with this hero, any idea why is that ?

From a single screenshot I cannot say as there isn't a second screenshot showing the 1,350 you are referring to. Are you saying that when you add this statistic to that report then ~800 tournaments disappear? I cannot reproduce that but you are using filters for specific tournament flags so try clearing those if you weren't using those filters when you were seeing more tournaments.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kadwallon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:29 pm

I don't mind the decimals really, the issue is that all the tournaments are 1500 chips, which means it is not filting anything ! so the statistic is not working that well.

As you can see on screenshot 1, 1367 tournaments are in the database for this hero while only 538 on the report (screenshot 2), you can see i added no filter on the left.
Attachments
screenshot 2.png
screenshot 1.png
Kadwallon

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 am

Kadwallon wrote:I don't mind the decimals really,

This is all that is required:

decimals.PNG
decimals.PNG (5.43 KiB) Viewed 1813 times

Kadwallon wrote:the issue is that all the tournaments are 1500 chips, which means it is not filting anything ! so the statistic is not working that well.

Have you actually verified your starting stack in those tournaments? The same statistic is working fine for me and the values displayed are correct:

stack.PNG
stack.PNG (5.25 KiB) Viewed 1813 times

Kadwallon wrote:As you can see on screenshot 1, 1367 tournaments are in the database for this hero while only 538 on the report (screenshot 2), you can see i added no filter on the left.

I suspect that you might have a number of tournaments in your database without hands as at least one would be required to calculate the starting stack. What party skin are you on? If your tournaments are in € then maybe France? We have seen party skins in France provide hand history files which are impossible to import as they are missing critical information such as the board cards. You should be able verify that for yourself by reviewing the relevant tournaments in PokerTracker 4 and the files provided to you by your poker site for those tournaments. If you need any further assistance diagnosing this then please open a Support Ticket with a link to this thread and a sample of your original tournament files.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kadwallon » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:25 pm

Hi,

I feel like a noob to be struggling like this, but what do you actually put in your column "amt_starting_stack" ?

Concerning the number of tournaments, i admit that party poker.fr summaries are shitty, and when i claim about it, they say i should be happy 'cause there is a tolerance for trackers on .fr and it is not allowed on the other countries... Nonsense !
However here, i don't think it is the matter, because when i apply the same report on winamax, it does the same and there is a huge difference 985 tourney displayed out of 2185 of something.

I'll do a ticket about the second point, but the first (starting stack filter) may be interesting for other users

Thanks,
Kadwallon
Kadwallon

PreviousNext

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles