Custom Stats - Facing Betsize in %

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Custom Stats - Facing Betsize in %

Postby superhans » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:17 am

Hi,
Is it possible to create a report where I can see a facing Betsize in BB oder even in %.
I'd like to create a custom report where I can review all draw hands like gutshots or nutflushdraws and wanna check If I called or played badly regarding PotOdds.

thanks
superhans

Re: Custom Stats - Facing Betsize in %

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:18 pm

You can create a custom hand statistics for each required street with that information and then sort by the value of those columns in a hand report. This guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different.
Flag_Hippo

Postby superhans » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:44 am

Ok thanks but why do I have to built a custom stat for the betsizes and even for the %-Betsize of the Pot?
If I use the handreplayer these stats are available. Isn't it possible to show these stats immediatelly in a report?

And for example this expression:

amt_pot/amt_bet_f

Why is this an invalid expression?
superhans

Postby superhans » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:43 pm

ok the Invalide expression occured cause of the missing brackets.
This works fine for translating bet chip amt on flop to bet bb amt on flop
Code: Select all
(amt_bet_f)/(amt_bb)

But what do you mean with "for each required street". Do I have to add manualle BB+SB+PFBets+Flopbet and than BB+SB+PFBets+Flopbet+Turnbets? Or is there a column which gives me the potsize on each street?
superhans

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:00 pm

superhans wrote:Ok thanks but why do I have to built a custom stat for the betsizes and even for the %-Betsize of the Pot?
If I use the handreplayer these stats are available. Isn't it possible to show these stats immediatelly in a report?

This hand statistic doesn't exist by default so it would need to be created as a custom statistic and the pot odds visible in the replayer are calculated on demand when replaying a hand.
superhans wrote:And for example this expression:

superhans wrote:
amt_pot/amt_bet_f

Why is this an invalid expression?

If you add spaces it will also validate:

amt_pot / amt_bet_f

however amt_pot is the pot size at the end of the hand and not on the flop. Also amt_bet_f is the amount bet by the player and in your original post you were asking for the size of the bet faced in %. To do that create a custom hand column with this expression (flop is example as per the street identifier)

your_custom_column_name
cash_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_facing_pct

and then you can create the custom hand statistic with your new custom column as the value expression.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm

superhans wrote:Or is there a column which gives me the potsize on each street?

There aren't columns for that but you can create them - for example:

amt_pot_f
cash_hand_summary.amt_pot_f
Flag_Hippo

Postby superhans » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:48 am

Ok Thx Flag_Hippo.

This was the right way to look deeper into it. I managed to create stats for pf betsize in bb, potsize at flop in bb Turn etc. Thats great.

Now I'd like to create a Odds Stat like it is shown in the Hand replayer.
This works fine for a HU Pot with this expression:

Odds to Call at Flop (%):
amt_facing_bet_f / (2*amt_facing_bet_f + amt_pot_f)*100

Whereas amt_pot_f is:
tourney_hand_summary.amt_pot_f

and amt_facing_bet_f:
tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_f_bet_facing

Or in other words, my "Odds to Call at Flop (%):" shows me the same % as the replayer when I'm facing a bet in a HU pot.

BUT. If more than 2 players involved this isn't working. I know it is because tourney_hand_summary.amt_pot_f just gives the value for the beginning of the pot but how can I add the situation that 1 2 3 players coldcall a bet? In that case my odds are better.
superhans

Postby WhiteRider » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:17 pm

I believe that "tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_facing_pct" should give you the percentage of the pot that the player is facing as a bet, which is effectively what you want, I think?

If that doesn't give you the values you expect please post back and I will dig a little deeper.
WhiteRider

Postby superhans » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:45 pm

To be honest I'm locking for the Odds I'm getting when I'm facing a bet yes.
But there are more than one scenario:
F.e:
HU, Hero is OOP, x flop and villian bet --> In this case I can use "tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_facing_pct" to calculate my odds like they are shown in the Hand replayer.

Example 2:
3 way on Flop, Hero is OOP, villian 1 bets, and villian 2 calls, In this case "tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_facing_pct" has the same value as when playing HU but if villian 2 calls the odds are different.
superhans

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:02 am

superhans wrote:Example 2:
3 way on Flop, Hero is OOP, villian 1 bets, and villian 2 calls, In this case "tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_facing_pct" has the same value as when playing HU but if villian 2 calls the odds are different.

No, "tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_f_bet_facing_pct" is based on the amount the player would have to call and the amount in the pot. If another player has called then there are more chips in the pot so the percentage of the pot you'd have to call is smaller.
If there are 10BB in the pot at the start of the flop and a player bets 5BB and you're next then the percentage faced is 5 / 15 = 33%.
If another player calls before you then there are now 20BB in the pot so the percentage faced is 5 / 20 = 25%.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles