stat for BB calling SB open shove

Discuss how to create custom stats, reports and HUD profiles and share your creations.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

stat for BB calling SB open shove

Postby PetarM » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:34 am

Hello,
I would need a stat for BB calling SB open shove including BB stack size and tournament big blind level
For example how often BB is calling SB open shove, when blind level is 50 chips and BB stack is 8-12bb
Thank you
PetarM

Re: stat for BB calling SB open shove

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:37 am

If you need it see this guide for the basics on custom statistics creation and this guide for a deeper walkthrough. The latter was written for PokerTracker 3 but the techniques all apply to PokerTracker 4, the interface is just slightly different. There are some similar stats if you search this forum (see this thread and this thread for examples) and you can edit them if they are not exactly what you are after. If you need further assistance post what you have created and so we can give guidance.
Flag_Hippo

Postby PetarM » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:49 am

Hello,

Thank you, I walked through the detailed explanations about the custom stats creation and I have built the following logic:

BB fold vs SB preflop open shove = ( cnt_p_BB_fold_face_SB_openshove / cnt_p_SB_openshove ) * 100

where

cnt_p_BB_fold_face_SB_openshove is the number of times BB folds vs SB open shove:
player position = 8 AND
aggressor position = 9 AND
aggressor has the opportunity to open the pot = true AND
aggressor action is all-in

cnt_p_SB_openshove is the number of times SB open shoves against BB:
aggressor position = 9 AND
aggressor has the opportunity to open the pot = true AND
aggressor action is all-in

I also walked through the columns creation: columns->insert->database fields->table name / field name
However, it is still difficult for me to understand which expressions I should use to express the statement above.

Could you help me out
thanks
PetarM

Postby PetarM » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:07 am

Ok, I looked at some integrated columns and expressions and used as a template the column "cnt_p_bb_v_sb_call"

So for my Stat I use:
BB fold vs SB preflop open shove = ( cnt_p_BB_fold_face_SB_openshove / cnt_p_SB_openshove ) * 100

where the columns are as follows:

cnt_p_BB_fold_face_SB_openshove=
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position=8 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND lookup_actions_p.action='C' AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos=9 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin='P', 1, 0])

cnt_p_SB_openshove=
sum(if[tourney_hand_player_statistics.position=8 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.flg_blind_def_opp AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.val_p_raise_aggressor_pos=9 AND tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin='P', 1, 0])

The stat works but it doesn't seem to provide the correct percentage: I created a custom database and I know what the stats are

Can you please assist
PetarM

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:33 am

1. Your thread title and expressions are for the BB calling but the names you are using for the statistic (BB fold vs SB preflop open shove) and custom column (cnt_p_BB_fold_face_SB_openshove) don't match so I don't know if you actually wanted this to count folds rather than calls. For the purposes of my reply I will assume you want calls as per the thread title and expressions.

2. tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin = 'P' will only count hands where the SB covers the BB so use tourney_hand_player_statistics.enum_face_allin SIMILAR TO '(P|p)' instead if you also want to count hands where BB covers SB.

3. Your opportunities column (cnt_p_SB_openshove) doesn't exclude hands where SB raises, BB 3Bets and SB 4Bet shoves so add a query for the BB facing a 2Bet that was greater than or equal to their effective stack:

Code: Select all
((tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_2bet_facing + tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_blind) >= tourney_hand_player_statistics.amt_p_effective_stack)

4. I'd also rename the cnt_p_SB_openshove column since it is for how often the BB faces an SB open shove. It wouldn't work as a column counting open shoves from the SBs perspective.
Flag_Hippo

Re: stat for BB folding SB open shove

Postby PetarM » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:36 am

Hello,
Thank you and I am sorry but I put the wrong threat name, I mean the percentage of hands BB FOLDS to SB open shove
PetarM

Postby PetarM » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:37 am

I am not sure I can edit the name
PetarM

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 pm

PetarM wrote:I mean the percentage of hands BB FOLDS to SB open shove

Points 2, 3 & 4 from my previous reply are still applicable. You just need to change lookup_actions_p.action='C' to lookup_actions_p.action='F' in the cnt_p_BB_fold_face_SB_openshove column.
Flag_Hippo

Postby PetarM » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:03 am

4. I'd also rename the cnt_p_SB_openshove column since it is for how often the BB faces an SB open shove. It wouldn't work as a column counting open shoves from the SBs perspective.

"cnt_p_BB_face_SB_openshove" ?
PetarM

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:03 am

Yes that's fine. Custom columns can be named anything you want and it will not change the function of the statistic but it's just good practice to have it accurately reflect what it is counting.
Flag_Hippo

Return to Custom Stats, Reports and HUD Profiles