Import notes

Discuss and learn how to use TableTracker for table selection and NoteTracker for taking automated notes.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Import notes

Postby Robertpanaro79 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:47 am

Can someone direct me to a detailed explanation of how to import notes for note tracker from the forums. Also I would like a detailed explanation of how to make my own notes.
Robertpanaro79

Re: Import notes

Postby kraada » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Download the .pt4anote file and then click Tools -> NoteTracker. On the Edit page click the Import button and choose that file and click Import. That's it, PT4 will do the rest and you'll be able to see your newly imported note in the list.

To create a new one at that same Edit window click New. The name is what the note is called, the Text is what you see at the table. The drop down sets the category and checkbox sets what game it applies to.

The note is taken whenever the Player filters are true for a specific player. If you want one specific opponent to have done something else as well, you can set that up in the Opponent filters - in that case there must be one opponent who matches all Opponent filters in order for things to be considered true.

When all filters are matched, the note text is added to the Player in question. If you use variables like {cardrange} the hole cards shown are also inserted (though obviously we can only do that when we know the hole cards).
kraada

Postby philip77 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 am

Hi,

I just downloaded a couple of notes from your forums and imported it as you explained into PT4 Note tracker. I had a message telling me that the notes were imported as number 107 and 108, but I cannot see then in the list.
Thanks for your help.

Regards.
philip77

Postby kraada » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Which notes did you download? You might want to scroll all the way to the bottom or top to make sure they didn't inadvertently import in a different category.
kraada

Postby philip77 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:45 pm

I cannot find them in any categories.
The note are : 1)call flop all in with less than top pair or just a draw
2)call flop continuation bet with less than top pair or just a draw

I tried to import them again and I got the same message. I just noticed that in the message it puts: Auto note imported 107 "FOR WAREHOUSE" ....

Thanks
philip77

Postby philip77 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:48 pm

I have found them, they were in the tournament category.
Sorry for not checking before.

Are these 2 notes also available for cash games?
philip77

Postby kraada » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:34 pm

At the moment you can't convert directly from one to the other but if you look at how the filters are built on the Edit screen you should be able to copy them fairly easily into the cash section by hand.
kraada

Postby Imptoma » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:35 pm

it has been past almost 10 years and i still can not transfer notes from tournaments to cash games. I download almost 100 diferent notes and now they are all in tournaments. I'm a cash player. how the hell i have to creat one by one all these 100 notes in cash section?
Imptoma

Postby fastlawrencetime » Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:27 am

Imptoma wrote:it has been past almost 10 years and i still can not transfer notes from tournaments to cash games. I download almost 100 diferent notes and now they are all in tournaments. I'm a cash player. how the hell i have to creat one by one all these 100 notes in cash section?

Hi. You have already solved this problem ? I just don’t see that anyone answered you and maybe you wrote to technical support.
fastlawrencetime

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:58 am

There are many differences between cash/tournament filters and unfortunately there isn't an automated process to convert filters or Notetracker definitions between the two types of games.
Flag_Hippo

Return to TableTracker & NoteTracker