Auto- note taking for tournaments

Discuss and learn how to use TableTracker for table selection and NoteTracker for taking automated notes.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Auto- note taking for tournaments

Postby GODMODE09 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Hi,
Will PT4 take auto notes for sngs? Like "x player limp called all-in with K10o from MP @100/200 with 1.5K".
Usually I wrote this down. Is it possible for PT4 to take these kinds of notes on it's own?

Thanks
GODMODE09

Re: Auto- note taking for tournaments

Postby kraada » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:31 am

Yes it is - NoteTracker functionality is already built in to PT4 and works for tournaments, there just haven't been to date default tournament NoteTracker rules built in. Those will be added in our next release for you. We got a top tournament consultant to work with us to make sure we give you the best rules possible and that was part of the delay here.
kraada

Postby 28renton » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:53 pm

It would be great if NoteTracker (tournament version) wasn't the only option to use for tournaments when it's implemented. Like, if we could choose the cash version even if we were playing tourneys. HU Limit SnGs play essentially like cash, but I imagine the tourney version of NoteTracker will be the default because pt4 will recognize I'm playing a tournament.
28renton

Postby kraada » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:05 am

You can build new notes on the tournament side that mirror the cash side if that is your preference. A Convert button has been suggested and may be something we consider adding in the future, but I don't know when we'd look into that.
kraada

How to see Tournament NoteTracker

Postby PartyAnimal » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:58 pm

How can I look at the tournament NoteTracker notes for each player? I have downloaded the rules. My NoteTracker Status claims that it has processed 500K hands ("100.00% Complete), but I haven't seen any automatic notes in the HUD. :? I clicked on "Test" but don't know how to see the notes.
PartyAnimal

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:26 am

With "T" selected, on the Edit tab do you see the built-in notes?
e.g. These:
2012-07-25_09h23_48.png

Have you previously made any changes to auto notes? This is from another thread:
kraada wrote:Anybody who has edited notes would not see them updated as we wouldn't want to overwrite your built in stats. The new default Tournament NoteTracker definitions can be downloaded here (and I'll put a package of them up in the Warehouse shortly).

To test, go to the Test tab and select the hands in the top section that you want to test the notes against. e.g. To test all hands listed click on the first and shift-click on the last.
Select "all active tournament automatic note rules" (assuming you want to test all notes) and click Test.
WhiteRider

Re: How to see Tournament NoteTracker

Postby tarix » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:58 am

PartyAnimal wrote:How can I look at the tournament NoteTracker notes for each player? I have downloaded the rules. My NoteTracker Status claims that it has processed 500K hands ("100.00% Complete), but I haven't seen any automatic notes in the HUD. :? I clicked on "Test" but don't know how to see the notes.

Make sure you purge all of your tournament auto notes after you've upgraded. The hands will be flagged as processed which means NoteTracker will not go back and reprocess them. Cash and tournaments are purged separately so this won't affect your cash notes.
tarix
Developer

Postby PoKerInDarK » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am

Are you sure that cash and tourney note are purged separately?
I purged my Tourney auto Note yesterday to add the new Tourney Auto notes from Shaun Deeb, and my cash auto notes get purged too...
(in version 4.01.25B)
PoKerInDarK

Postby kraada » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:06 am

I'll make a note to double check this - that's definitely how it's supposed to work.
kraada

Postby tarix » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:20 am

PoKerInDarK wrote:Are you sure that cash and tourney note are purged separately?

You're correct, I'm 100% wrong. However, that's how it was supposed to work so it will be fixed for the next release.
tarix
Developer

Next

Return to TableTracker & NoteTracker