[Notetracker] Changing active Notes formula or name

Discuss and learn how to use TableTracker for table selection and NoteTracker for taking automated notes.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

[Notetracker] Changing active Notes formula or name

Postby Tobe2381 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi,

I am wondering what exactly happens when I would change an active notes formula or just it's name?
I just want to change/adjust the effective stacksize filters for some of my preflop notes and then rename them accordingly!

So if you change a formula, then the new formula should be used to track just new notes fitting that updated formula and not change notes for older hands, right?
And if you just change the name of a note, will there be a new entry of that note and the old notename will still be displayed or would they get put together as one?

I am pretty sure in the end I should update my notes, then purge all notes and afterweards re-process them?
However I have around 700k hands, so this could take a long time to reprocess them..

Thanks in advance!
Tobe2381

Re: [Notetracker] Changing active Notes formula or name

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:15 am

Tobe2381 wrote:So if you change a formula, then the new formula should be used to track just new notes fitting that updated formula and not change notes for older hands, right?
And if you just change the name of a note, will there be a new entry of that note and the old notename will still be displayed...?
I am pretty sure in the end I should update my notes, then purge all notes and afterweards re-process them?

All correct - changes won't be applied to existing notes; you would need to purge and reapply the notes. Purging won't take any time, and the notes will be recreated in the background (newest hands first) so it won't interfere with anything else.
WhiteRider

Re: [Notetracker] Changing active Notes formula or name

Postby Tobe2381 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:46 am

Thanks for the confirmation WhiteRider! :)
Tobe2381

Return to TableTracker & NoteTracker