Notetracker stopped taking notes altogether...

Discuss and learn how to use TableTracker for table selection and NoteTracker for taking automated notes.

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Notetracker stopped taking notes altogether...

Postby dutch81 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 pm

Yesterday, I made some new notes and it worked during my MTTs. Today, I made some more custom notes and now, after 77 hands, I don't have a single note on any opponent. I did purge my notes and disabled note taking on myself but other than that, I didn't change any other settings. Please advise?
dutch81

Re: Notetracker stopped taking notes altogether...

Postby dutch81 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:08 pm

I forgot to mention that I had a couple players at my table with a few hundred hand history with and none of them have notes on them either.
dutch81

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sat May 13, 2017 6:43 am

If you purged your notes that deletes them so that is to be expected. Also if you add new notes or make changes to existing notes those changes will not affect those hands that have already been analyzed. Therefore to apply any changes on historical hands after purging you need to select "Run" to start processing those hands again.

Note taking runs in the background as a low priority process so I can't really give you an estimate of the time it will take - it works while PostgreSQL isn't doing anything else so it depends on what you're doing in PokerTracker 4. You can stop and restart this process if required and for your information NoteTracker starts with the most recent hands so that you always have data from the most important set of hands first.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dutch81 » Sat May 13, 2017 2:14 pm

OK, so basically, if I don't "run" the HH's after purging/creating new notes, NT will not take any notes in general? Or will it only take notes prior to the ones I just made recently? I played 3 MTT's after making new notes and NT didn't create a single note during all the MTT's. Either way, I clicked on "run" now.
dutch81

Postby dutch81 » Sat May 13, 2017 6:32 pm

I just checked up on my NT processed hands percentage and it is still at 0, none have been processed. What am I doing wrong?
dutch81

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun May 14, 2017 8:03 am

dutch81 wrote:OK, so basically, if I don't "run" the HH's after purging/creating new notes, NT will not take any notes in general? Or will it only take notes prior to the ones I just made recently? I played 3 MTT's after making new notes and NT didn't create a single note during all the MTT's. Either way, I clicked on "run" now.

Notes should be taken on new hands but if you want new notes to be applied to hands that have already been processed you need to purge your notes and select "Run" to start processing those hands again.
dutch81 wrote:I just checked up on my NT processed hands percentage and it is still at 0, none have been processed. What am I doing wrong?

The counter doesn't auto-refresh so if you close the NoteTracker window and re-open it you should see the progress updated.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dutch81 » Sun May 14, 2017 12:11 pm

I tried that but it's still at 0%. Are there any settings I can check to fix this? No notes are being made at all either for the last 4 MTT's.
dutch81

Postby Flag_Hippo » Sun May 14, 2017 2:29 pm

Make sure your in the 'T' section of NoteTracker and that your 'Create Automatic Notes for Hands Since' setting isn't set to a date in the future. If that's not the problem please restart PokerTracker 4 using the logging enabled link on your Start Menu, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with your log file and a link to this thread. You can access the log file by clicking 'File --> Show User Data Folder' in the main PokerTracker 4 window - the file we need is the text file called 'PokerTracker4.log' that is in that folder.
Flag_Hippo

Postby dutch81 » Sun May 14, 2017 9:38 pm

The date is correct, not a future date applied. Did realize my PT4 is not updated to 4.14.24 but I can't imagine that is the issue. I will update after my session and send in logs.
dutch81

Return to TableTracker & NoteTracker