SQL problems

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

SQL problems

Postby Kms8 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:44 am

I got a new MacBook, and after I unistalled pokerstars and pokertracker on the old MacBook, I started having problems with applications on the new one. I can go to pokerstars again (me have helped in the support service), and when I try to go to pokertracker, I get the error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration".
Kms8

Re: SQL problems

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:43 am

When you installed PokerTracker 4 on the new Mac did it ask if it could install PostgreSQL for you? If so did the message at the end indicate if the install completed successfully or not? Do you see PostgreSQL in your Applications folder? If it's not there or downloading and installing automatically via PokerTracker 4 you can download PostgreSQL v10 from here. Using a Mac administrator account or administrative privileges install that PostgreSQL and for the password boxes use "dbpass" (no quotes) which is what PokerTracker 4 uses by default. Once PostgreSQL installs successfully restart your computer and then try PokerTracker 4 again.
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kms8 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:24 am

Everything is working. Thank you very much!
Kms8

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:34 am

Pleased to hear you've resolved the issue :)
Flag_Hippo

Postby Kms8 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:04 pm

Kms8 wrote:I got a new MacBook, and after I unistalled pokerstars and pokertracker on the old MacBook, I started having problems with applications on the new one. I can go to pokerstars again (me have helped in the support service), and when I try to go to pokertracker, I get the error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration".

After installing the system Monterey returns the same error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration". Old methods don't help. Can you please tell me what can be done?
Kms8

Postby fabadam » Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:08 am

Kms8 wrote:
Kms8 wrote:I got a new MacBook, and after I unistalled pokerstars and pokertracker on the old MacBook, I started having problems with applications on the new one. I can go to pokerstars again (me have helped in the support service), and when I try to go to pokertracker, I get the error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration".

After installing the system Monterey returns the same error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration". Old methods don't help. Can you please tell me what can be done?

I had the same problem (see other post). All the downloaded PostgreSQL install images kept giving me problems.
I have now solved it by installing PostgreSQL from another source: from Homebrew (https://brew.sh). This is a software repository for Linux-type software on the Mac.
Note that that means you start with NO database in Pokertracker!

It also has PostgreSQL. So I did this:
- install Homebrew - go to the above site and follow instructions
- brew install postgresql@9.6
- brew service start postgres
- Download and Install Pgdadmin 4
- Open it and connect to your DB server (address localhost, port 5432)
- Create a role postgres with password you like. Give that role all privileges.
- Now start PokerTracker 4 and create a new database

The above has worked for me, but is not ideal since you lose your old database.
Somehow there is something wrong with PostgreSQL's service in Monterey. I do not know how to solve that.
fabadam

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:33 am

Kms8 wrote:After installing the system Monterey returns the same error "Unable to connect to this database. Please check the configuration". Old methods don't help. Can you please tell me what can be done?

Please open a Support Ticket where one of our technicians can assist you further.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PT4 for macOS