Re-installing PostgreSQL (MacOS)

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Re-installing PostgreSQL (MacOS)

Postby fabadam » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:57 am

Since the update to MacOS Monterey, PokerTracker 4 does not start up anymore. Or rather, it does, but it says it cannot connect to the default database.
That is a valid complaint, because apparently PostgreSQL stopped working.
Now I have had this problem before (several times) earlier this year, and after some discussion with PokerTracker support, I then re-installed PostgreSQL.
This is not a big problem for me, since I can simple re-import all old hand histories as required.

My question now is: which version of PostgreSQL should I install? I have/had version 9.6.19, but looking at PostgreSQL download pages, 9.6.23 is the closest to that, and it also has 11.13, 12.8, 13.4 and 14. I also still have the image of 9.6.19.

What is the recommended version for PokerTracker?
fabadam

Re: Re-installing PostgreSQL (MacOS)

Postby Flag_Hippo » Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:08 pm

PokerTracker 4 doesn't support anything higher than PostgreSQL v10 at this time so I'd recommend installing that or v9.6. I'd also suggest backing up your poker data before making any major changes to your operating system as that wouldn't require the hands to be reimported and it would retain much more information such as manually entered tournament results, player notes and marked hands.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Re-installing PostgreSQL (MacOS)

Postby fabadam » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Ok thanks. I will be going with version 10.18 then, I have that too.
fabadam

Return to PT4 for macOS