Re: PT4 & Mavericks

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Postby Lakestone » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:00 pm

When will you update so that we don't have to have PT open in able to use HUDs?
Lakestone

Postby WhiteRider » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:00 am

v4.10.5 which is already available on the PT4 Download Page should temporarily disable the Mavericks "App Nap" feature for PT4 while an import is running.

PT4 Download Page
WhiteRider

Postby andre.tca » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:26 am

WhiteRider wrote:That does look as if PostgreSQL isn't running.
Do you have PostgreSQL in Applications or Launchpad?

If it's there, just to make sure - please reboot as that may get PostgreSQL running again.

Otherwise, look in Console - do you see errors relating to PostgreSQL? If so, what do they say?

Checked the Console: no errors relating to PostgreSQL.

What next? It's still not working.
andre.tca

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:07 am

I suspect that you may need to reinstall PostgreSQL - there is a guide here.

If you still have problems after that please open a Support Ticket and describe your problem so that we can work with you directly to get things sorted out.
WhiteRider

Postby Lakestone » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:15 pm

Now after the last update, clicking the note icon in the HUD puts the notes behind the table which is very frustrating (have to move table almost everytime I make a note).
Lakestone

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:32 pm

Do you have your tables on the main desktop (in Mission Control)? The Hud will not work correctly on other desktops.
WhiteRider

Postby Abrk23 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:42 am

Hi, I am experience a few random crashes. I am running OSX Mavericks and postgres 9.3.1. I realize that this postgres isn’t fully supported with pokertracker, but when Installing pokertracker I had an issue with the download via the client and just got the most recent postgres, as that what it actually says on the poketracker FAQ page, and now it’s not supported, so that seems strange.

Either way I have a feeling that the nap apps disabling causes it to crash? Before the patch came out and there were all the issues, I didn’t experience any crashes just the issues that people stated with the HUD and what not, then when I manually disabled nap apps I experienced a few crashes.

Also do you guys reccommend me uninstalling this postgres and installing the 9.0 version? (please say no as uninstalling postgres was a real pain in the as when I tried to do it last time).

I should note that everything imports fine, as far as I can tell. It crashes anywhere between 0-2 times a session, the crashes seem random.

Thanks.
Abrk23

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:42 am

Using PostgreSQL 9.3 will definitely cause problems - you should uninstall it and install PostgreSQL 9.0 instead.
As far as I can see in our guides is says "the latest version of PostgreSQL 9.0.x", not the latest version of PostgreSQL, but if it is wrong somewhere please give us a link so that we can get that corrected.
WhiteRider

Postby Lakestone » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:11 am

WhiteRider wrote:Do you have your tables on the main desktop (in Mission Control)? The Hud will not work correctly on other desktops.

Yes, everything in desktop one. My HUD is working but when clicking the note icon in the HUD the note window pops up behind the table...
Lakestone

Postby Abrk23 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:56 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Using PostgreSQL 9.3 will definitely cause problems - you should uninstall it and install PostgreSQL 9.0 instead.
As far as I can see in our guides is says "the latest version of PostgreSQL 9.0.x", not the latest version of PostgreSQL, but if it is wrong somewhere please give us a link so that we can get that corrected.

This might seem like a silly question but if I back up my current DB (with postgreSQL 9.3) and then install PostgreSQL 9.0.x and import my database will it work fine? If so then I will go ahead and uninstall.

Thanks
Abrk23

PreviousNext

Return to PT4 for macOS