Re: PT4 & Mavericks

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Postby kraada » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:12 pm

We'll definitely be looking into these secondary monitor issues, in the meantime, we recommend putting the tables on your primary monitor as that should work properly.
kraada

Postby kabbal » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:13 pm

kraada wrote:Stonehead: Please enable logging via Configure -> Options -> Logging Enabled, restart PT4, reproduce this problem and then report it via our support system with the log file - that will help us figure out what is going on here and get it fixed for you. You can find that file by clicking File --> Show User Data Folder in the main PT4 window - the file we need is the text file called PokerTracker4 that is in that folder.

kabbal: That is likely App Nap. Try either leaving PT4 visible or diabling App Nap and let me know if that helps.

knife: Does it work on your primary monitor properly?

I think that solved!! I'll be watching over the next few hours, but I believe that actually worked. Unaware of this feature of the new operating system from Apple.
kabbal

Postby knife rusty » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:10 am

Only when transferring a table to an external monitor does the HUD not work.

If you drag the table back to your primary monitor, the HUD reappears as if nothing was wrong.
thanks
knife rusty

Postby arnaud.schmitt » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:05 am

StoneheadGolem wrote:Hello.

I've updated MacOS to Mavericks and now I have a problem. On Pokerstars my HUD and control elements are displayed a little bit upper and to the left from their initial place:

Also they're not above the table (and I need to relaunch my HUD in order for the stats to take their places):

On Full Tilt Poker the import seems to run fine too, but the HUD doesn't appear at all.

Reboot didn't work. I use the latest versions of all the software. Does anyone else have the same problem?

I've exactly the same problem on Winamax: HUD a bit upper from its initial place, and hidden behind the table (so can't see it while playing)...
arnaud.schmitt

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:07 am

Do you have the tables on your main Desktop? Playing on another Desktop can cause that problem.
WhiteRider

Postby arnaud.schmitt » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:19 am

OK, it works now. Thanks!

Yesterday I tried to do it by just moving my third desktop (where I have Winamax + PT4 running) to 1st position in Mission Control, making it appear as "Desktop 1": no change in HUD issue. Now I tried instead to close both applications and reopen them on 1st desktop, and HUD seems to work fine.
arnaud.schmitt

Postby andre.tca » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:31 am

Updated to Mavericks and cannot use the PokerTracker any more. Keep getting the same mistake every time I open it. Please help!
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2013-10-27 в 17.28.01.png
andre.tca

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:20 pm

That suggests that PostgreSQL is not running. It is possible that something about your update has damaged your PostgreSQL installation, but this should give us more idea:
At a Terminal run ps aux | grep -i postgres and paste your output here.
WhiteRider

Postby andre.tca » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:46 pm

Here's what comes out:
Attachments
Снимок экрана 2013-10-27 в 18.45.04.png
andre.tca

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:05 pm

That does look as if PostgreSQL isn't running.
Do you have PostgreSQL in Applications or Launchpad?

If it's there, just to make sure - please reboot as that may get PostgreSQL running again.

Otherwise, look in Console - do you see errors relating to PostgreSQL? If so, what do they say?
WhiteRider

PreviousNext

Return to PT4 for macOS