Re: PT4 & Mavericks

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Postby lb88 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:02 pm

When is there going to be a update? The HUD is shocking with mavericks.
lb88

Postby WhiteRider » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:44 am

As discussed earlier in this thread what you are seeing is probably caused by the App Nap feature in Mavericks.
Until we can include a way to work around this in PT4 you can disable App Nap as described here.
WhiteRider

Postby antilog » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:37 pm

The HUD stats go underneath the table in the external monitor connected to mac. When i drag the tables to the primary monitor, it works fine as earlier. Any fix for this?

Can you help me know how to make my external monitor as primary in mac until the fix is out? That should sort out the problem temporarily i assume.

Edit: It works when i make the secondary monitor as primary. Let us know when the update is out tho. Thanks.
antilog

Postby knife rusty » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:06 pm

I don't know if this may be the problem, but I just now realized that in regards to the secondary monitor issues- I noticed that my second monitor now has a menu bar

It did not before the Maverick update.
knife rusty

Postby DMo4Sho » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:31 pm

knife rusty wrote:Only when transferring a table to an external monitor does the HUD not work. If you drag the table back to your primary monitor, the HUD reappears as if nothing was wrong.
thanks

Yep. Same here.
DMo4Sho

Postby MBJ_UK » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Hi,

Used up my trial period for poker tracker 4 on my new mac after using HEM2 on Windows and fancying a change.

Bought the small stakes version after my trial expired, but since I updated to mavericks, my HUD is appearing behind the tables. It doesn't resize when i resize the tables, and I obviously can't use the HUD as I constantly have to bring it to the front to see player's stats.

Any ideas? I can tell you that I don't use multiple monitors and only have one "desktop" open in launch pad, which is probably why I haven't seemed to be able to find a solution yet (most problems of this kind are corrected by adjusting the number of desktops).

Really concerned that I have spend $60 on something that I'm not going to be able to use for a while :(
MBJ_UK

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:16 am

Thanks for the information guys - I will make sure the development team see this and we'll see if we can find out what is going on.
WhiteRider

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:38 am

MBJ_UK wrote:Hi,

Used up my trial period for poker tracker 4 on my new mac after using HEM2 on Windows and fancying a change.

Bought the small stakes version after my trial expired, but since I updated to mavericks, my HUD is appearing behind the tables. It doesn't resize when i resize the tables, and I obviously can't use the HUD as I constantly have to bring it to the front to see player's stats.

Any ideas? I can tell you that I don't use multiple monitors and only have one "desktop" open in launch pad, which is probably why I haven't seemed to be able to find a solution yet (most problems of this kind are corrected by adjusting the number of desktops).

Really concerned that I have spend $60 on something that I'm not going to be able to use for a while :(

Please confirm that you are using the main/first Desktop in Mission Control - you may have switched to a 2nd without realizing, and the Hud will only work on the main Desktop.
Please review this thread for more details.
WhiteRider

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:12 am

MBJ_UK - if you're sure you're using the main Desktop in Mission Control please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4, and play a few hands at a single table to reproduce the problem then attach the PokerTracker4.log and PokerTrackerHud4.log files to a Support Ticket so that the development team can see if there is anything to indicate the problem.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem
WhiteRider

Postby MBJ_UK » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 am

WhiteRider wrote:MBJ_UK - if you're sure you're using the main Desktop in Mission Control please enable logging (Configure > Options) and restart PT4, and play a few hands at a single table to reproduce the problem then attach the PokerTracker4.log and PokerTrackerHud4.log files to a Support Ticket so that the development team can see if there is anything to indicate the problem.

Tutorial: Reporting a problem

Thanks, I will do this now.
MBJ_UK

PreviousNext

Return to PT4 for macOS