Mission Control Issue

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Mission Control Issue

Postby runlikeyum » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:00 am

Hi PT4 team,

I'm aware of the issue with Mavericks Mission control issue where the table have to be on table 1, but my experience is that even if I have stars lobby, stars tables and PT4 on table 1...my HUD still disappears when i switch table 2+. only way to stop it is to have one 1 desktop open.

Can you confirm what the experience should be as I obi prefer to at least one multiple non poker desktops in parallel with a "poker" desktop sitting on desktop 1

Sam

Latest PT4 on a late 2012 Mac Mini running latest Mavericks
runlikeyum

Re: Mission Control Issue

Postby WhiteRider » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:09 am

As long as you keep your tables on Desktop 1 the Hud should work OK. If you switch to another desktop so that you can't see your tables then you won't see the Hud either, but the Hud should still be there when you switch back to desktop 1. Can you tell us exactly what isn't working for you - I'm a little confused by your description?
WhiteRider

Postby runlikeyum » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:28 pm

WhiteRider wrote:As long as you keep your tables on Desktop 1 the Hud should work OK. If you switch to another desktop so that you can't see your tables then you won't see the Hud either, but the Hud should still be there when you switch back to desktop 1. Can you tell us exactly what isn't working for you - I'm a little confused by your description?

When i switch to desktop 2, the HUD disappears from desktop 1. When I switch back to desktop 1, the HUD does not appear or reappear.
runlikeyum

Postby WhiteRider » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:10 am

That should be fine - that works for me.
Please tell us exactly what how you're switching desktops in Mission Control - it's possible you're using a different method which causes different behaviour.
When you switch to desktop 2 you don't have any poker tables there, do you? What applications do you have running on each desktop?
WhiteRider

Postby runlikeyum » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:52 pm

WhiteRider wrote:That should be fine - that works for me.
Please tell us exactly what how you're switching desktops in Mission Control - it's possible you're using a different method which causes different behaviour.
When you switch to desktop 2 you don't have any poker tables there, do you? What applications do you have running on each desktop?

No worries

I switch desktops 2 ways 1) I two finger swipe my Apple magic mouse from right to left to go to desktop 2 and so on for desktop 3 etc etc 2) I use a hot corner for mission control to show me all desktops and then select the desktop i want

Typically I I run stars and PT4 on desktop 1, Mail and iMessage on desktop 2, safari on 3 and iTunes/Pandora on desktop 4. I have tested running just stars and pt4 on 1 and just safari on 2 with no 3rd or 4th desktop, still had same issue

I also have the my dock on the right hand side of my screen, not sure if that affects anything (haven't tested that yet)

I have also attached my Mission Control Settings if that helps. I might see if I can screen record what i see and post it if that helps too

Sam
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 12.53.24 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-03-20 at 12.51.02 pm.png
runlikeyum

Postby WhiteRider » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:54 am

Thanks for the detailed reply. That's all working fine for me like that.

If you're not using v4.10.9 please update - PT4 Download Page.

If you have the problem in v4.10.9 please open a Support Ticket with a link to this thread and we will investigate further.
WhiteRider

Postby runlikeyum » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:52 pm

WhiteRider wrote:Thanks for the detailed reply. That's all working fine for me like that.

If you're not using v4.10.9 please update - PT4 Download Page.

If you have the problem in v4.10.9 please open a Support Ticket with a link to this thread and we will investigate further.

Ticket submitted
runlikeyum

Return to PT4 for macOS