Save and Delete Pokertracker History

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Save and Delete Pokertracker History

Postby soren quist » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:00 am

Hello

How am i supposed to copy, save and then delete ALL my hands and history precisely from my computer please ?

Thanks
soren quist

Re: Save and Delete Pokertracker History

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:41 am

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve but if you are referring to the original hand history files they are moved to your processed folder and you can manually copy/delete those files as you see fit. For your existing database(s) you can backup your database(s) at anytime and/or export hands. If you want to delete hands from a database you can purge them but if you are deleting a large number of hands or want to delete all of them then it is quicker and easier to create a new database in PokerTracker 4 and delete the previous database.
Flag_Hippo

Postby soren quist » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 am

Yeah thanks i want to save all hands and tourney, sng and cash historiy... everything !! Then when its done i want to delete everything !!

And then how am i supposed to delete this "PostgreSQL" which appear when turning on my computer please ?
soren quist

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:43 pm

PostgreSQL is where PokerTracker 4 stores your poker data so if you uninstall it PokerTracker 4 will not be able to start but if you are not going to be using PokerTracker 4 then you can uninstall PostgreSQL with the steps in this tutorial.
Flag_Hippo

Postby soren quist » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Ok thanks a lot !
soren quist

Postby soren quist » Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:13 am

Flag_Hippo wrote:I am not sure exactly what you are trying to achieve but if you are referring to the original hand history files they are moved to your processed folder and you can manually copy/delete those files as you see fit. For your existing database(s) you can backup your database(s) at anytime and/or export hands. If you want to delete hands from a database you can purge them but if you are deleting a large number of hands or want to delete all of them then it is quicker and easier to create a new database in PokerTracker 4 and delete the previous database.

So when i create a new database to delete the old one but when i try to delete the old one a window pop up saying i cannot delete an active database ? How am i supposed to make it inactive please ?
soren quist

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:48 am

In the Database > Database Management window select your new database and set it to be Active and Default (Default means it will be the active database each time you restart PT4). Restart PT4 and then you will be able to delete it.
Bear in mind that once your new database is active the only data you see will be from the new database, so if you're not short on disk space then there is no need to delete the old database immediately - you may want to consider keeping it around for a while; until you're sure you have all of the data you want in the new database for example.
WhiteRider

Postby soren quist » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:30 pm

Thank you Sir !
soren quist

Postby soren quist » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:43 pm

How many Gigabyte i will recover if i uninstal PostgreSQL please on average ?
soren quist

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:48 pm

That will depend on how large your databases are - you can see that in Database > Database Management.
Note that if you uninstall PostgreSQL (rather than just deleting an old database) then PT4 won't work.
WhiteRider

Next

Return to PT4 for macOS