Shared database for mac and parallel

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Shared database for mac and parallel

Postby bbalazs » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:22 pm

I’m using PT4 on my mac both on OSX and on Windows/Parallel. Now I have 2 separate postgres database for the 2 versions. Is it possible to use one shared database for the 2 versions?
bbalazs

Re: Shared database for mac and parallel

Postby Flag_Hippo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:28 am

You can have Windows use the Mac PostgreSQL so as the Windows PokerTracker 4 adds hands to the database your Mac PokerTracker 4 will also import them without doing anything else - see this guide for details. It's also better in terms of your Windows/Parallels since it won't need to use computer memory or virtual machine hard disc space for its own PostgreSQL.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bbalazs » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:28 pm

Thanks for the answer, I determined my IP on my MAC, was able to see that the third number is 1. Then went to windows and tried to open the pg_hba.conf file, but was unable to do it. It said that I need a software to open it that I don't have. Either I go to the store or choose one manually, but have no idea which one to associate to this file.

I'm totally noob for this kind of stuff as you can see. Thanks
bbalazs

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:12 pm

You can use the text editor called Notepad, which is built-in to Windows, to open and edit the pg_hba.conf file.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bbalazs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:37 am

I edited my config files on my MAC (host) and when I open PT4 on Windows it says that can't connect to server, so something went wrong. Is it possible to get help on Skype from someone?
bbalazs

Postby Flag_Hippo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:22 pm

We don't have Skype support so can you please include any relevant information along with copies of your config files in a Support Ticket where one of our technicians can assist you.
Flag_Hippo

Postby bbalazs » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:34 am

Not just for MODS:

Anyone who's familiar with Postgres both on MAC and Windows, and willing to help me via Skype, please answer to this. I would pay for the time and the effort via Stars or Skrill.

Thanks
bbalazs

Return to PT4 for macOS