New timezone, need help!

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

New timezone, need help!

Postby chrisbrandsborg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:06 am

Hi! I just moved to Thailand and changed timezone from Europe/Oslo to something. I tried following the guide here:
https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... tgresql-93

But then after restarting my computer, I get this error:

"Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: No such file or directory is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?"

I also tried changing the timezone back to "Europe/Oslo", same error. That was the only thing I changed.
Need help! Was supposed to have my first Sunday grind in Thailand today.

Greetings

- Christoffer (MrEsprectro)
chrisbrandsborg

Re: New timezone, need help!

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:29 am

Check out the suggestions in this thread and let us know if you're still having problems after that?
WhiteRider

Postby chrisbrandsborg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:39 am

WhiteRider wrote:Check out the suggestions in this thread and let us know if you're still having problems after that?

Is there any way I can backup my HH and notes before uninstalling the postgresql?
Is it enough making a copy of the "data" folder inside PokerTracker4? Where is all the notes located? I'm mostly concerned about the thousands of notes I've made. HH is less important to save.
chrisbrandsborg

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:38 am

The notes are all in your database, so can't be backed up if you can't run PostgreSQL. However, uninstalling PostgreSQL does not remove any databases, so they'll still be there when you reinstall and as long as you install the same major version of PostgreSQL as you currently have you'll be able to reconnect to them.
If you have a recent database backup you can always restore from that. If not, it's a good idea to make regular backups of your database just as you would for any other important documents.

If you can run PGAdmin you could backup the database there as an extra level, but if PT4 can't start PostgreSQL then PGAdmin is unlikely to be able to either.
WhiteRider

Postby chrisbrandsborg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:05 am

There are no easy fix tho? I find it bit wierd, since I only changed one "line" in the terminal. Shouldnt it be possible to just un-do what I did and get it back to where it was 4 hours ago?
chrisbrandsborg

Postby WhiteRider » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:32 pm

That shouldn't have caused any problems with PostgreSQL, so I can't say what to do to fix it. If you want you can open a Support Ticket and one of our support techs can take a look at it with you.
WhiteRider

Postby chrisbrandsborg » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:46 pm

Okay, did that earlier! Guess I will just wait to see what they say about it:) thanks
chrisbrandsborg

Return to PT4 for macOS