Hand Note Question

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Hand Note Question

Postby o0Q0o » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:58 pm

Lately while reviewing my sessions, I've begun adding comments in Hand Notes. Each note has a small paragraph or two. I like this feature a great deal.

What are the implications of adding many hand notes to my database? I'm worried about bloating the database and negatively impacting speed. Adding text can significantly increase the size of a database.

Lastly, if I choose to purge Hand Notes, what is the best method to delete them?

Thank you.
o0Q0o

Re: Hand Note Question

Postby Flag_Hippo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:27 am

As far as I am aware other than increasing the size of your database there shouldn't be any other noticeable impact on your database when adding notes. There also isn't a built in method to purge notes so you'll need to use PGAdmin to do that but this will delete all manual hand AND player notes so if you have player notes you want to keep you should export them first (I'd also recommend backing up your database before doing anything in PGAdmin if you're not familiar with it). Manual notes can be deleted in PGAdmin by running the following query:

TRUNCATE TABLE notes;

Double click on PostgreSQL x.y' (where x.y is your PostgreSQL version) and if your prompted for a password the default is "dbpass" (without the quotes), expand 'Databases' and then select your database. The query tool can be opened via its icon in PGAdmin or via 'Tools -> Query Tool' and then you can run the query using 'Query -> Execute'.
Flag_Hippo

Re: Hand Note Question

Postby o0Q0o » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm

The more I use PokerTracker, the more useful I find it.

Thank you.
o0Q0o

Return to PT4 for macOS