Shared database (Mac & Parallels Windows)

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Shared database (Mac & Parallels Windows)

Postby johndoe87 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:44 am

Hello All -
I'm trying to configure PT4 to share a PostgresSQl database. I've read all I can find online, I've gone through the help files and instructions pokertracker supplies, but I always end up in the same place, so I am doing something wrong.
I've had to re-install postgres 4 times now, each time restoring database from backup and starting again.

I tried to follow the set of steps layed out in the following instruction sheet:
https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4 ... al-network

However, every single time I make these changes, save, and restart, I dont even get a chance to try connecting from the windows machine, because the postgres service no longer works. I start getting the following error on start up of PT4:

Unable to login to database (postgres). Reason: could not connect to server: No such file or directory Is the server running locally and accepting connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?

Its like postgres will not autostart anymore. And Honestly, I've tried to find out how to start the service manually, but can't fine anything. There is such limited explanations of using it on Mac, and anything I do find seems to be related to an install via homebrew.

Any help would be appreciated.
johndoe87

Re: Shared database (Mac & Parallels Windows)

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:16 pm

While we do not officially support this if you open a Support Ticket a technician can assist you further there:

Tutorial: Reporting A Problem
Flag_Hippo

Postby johndoe87 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:01 pm

I thought it might be something I was donig wrong, therefore came to the forum first.

I will submit a ticket, thanks.
johndoe87

Postby Afroditief » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:51 pm

Hello,

did you finally manage to connect them and use one hud one data base?

thank you
y
Afroditief

Return to PT4 for macOS