Unable to import - fatal error

A special forum dedicated to our PT4 for Mac OS X users

Moderators: WhiteRider, kraada, Flag_Hippo, morny, Moderators

Unable to import - fatal error

Postby ccrackedd » Sun May 31, 2020 7:30 pm

In the middle of playing and running PT without making any changes to PT or postgres I got some sort of error which persisted after restarting (not positive that the pre-update error was the same as the current one), I updated to the latest version today and am now getting the following error when running Get Hands While Playing:

Winning Poker Network (Yatahay): Unable to import hand (#381401391). Reason: Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason: Error: (ERROR: function update_tourney_cache() does not exist LINE 1: SELECT update_tourney_cache();SELECT update_tourney_custom_c... ^ HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. )

I'm also unable to stop import after throwing the error and am forced to Force Quit PT.

Searching the forums suggested Rebuild Cache may help, however after running it I get the following error:

Unable to rebuild cache.
Reason: Error: Unable to execute query: Fatal Error; Reason: Error: (ERROR: function update_cash_cache_playerrange(integer, integer) does not exist LINE 1: SELECT update_cash_cache_playerrange(1,128);SELECT update_to... ^ HINT: No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts. )

Thanks for the help!
ccrackedd

Re: Unable to import - fatal error

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:40 am

So we can investigate this press/hold the 'Alt/Option' key while starting PokerTracker 4 to enable logging, reproduce the issue and then send this file to us in a Support Ticket:

--> /Users/{Mac Login}/Library/Application Support/PokerTracker 4/Logs/PokerTracker4.log

Every time you close/restart PokerTracker 4 it will begin a new log so make sure to save/send that PokerTracker4.log file before you restart PokerTracker 4.
Flag_Hippo

Postby ccrackedd » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:43 pm

Thanks for the response

I'm having problems attaching the log file to the support ticket. The log file quickly grows to over 10MB in size and I'm not able to attach it due to the 10MB file size limit. If I try attaching it quickly as possible the file size will sometimes display less than 10MB but I get this error:

Error submitting ticket: The following file failed to upload:
PokerTracker4.log: The uploaded file was only partially uploaded. Please upload it again.
ccrackedd

Postby Flag_Hippo » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:54 pm

If you zip/compress the log file that should make it small enough to attach and/or prevent the error. You can also upload it somewhere (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive e.t.c.) and then send us the link in the ticket so we can download it. If you don't have any cloud storage open the ticket anyway and we can send alternative instructions.
Flag_Hippo

Return to PT4 for macOS