1. The biggest problem is that some automatic badges and notes/graphs seem to randomly disappear, and then reappear some time later. For example, one player would go from having 5 badges, to one badge, and then back to 5 badges. A group would go from having a bunch of notes to being completely blank, and then coming back with the original notes. It seems like NC is trying to display the image, but it either can't find the image or tries to display a non-existing image. My system has plenty of available RAM, and I have the RAM drive option enabled, so it should not be a performance issue.
2. New badges sometimes don't show up until several hands after the note was created. This is possibly related to the first issue. NC processes new hands and reports that it is finished creating new notes within seconds of import, so again, I don't believe that this is performance related.
3. At times, NC gets stuck at processing hands (particularly when I am importing a backlog of tournaments) and never reaches the "finished" stage. It stops creating notes on new hands, and is not using any CPU time. If I click "Stop", it hangs at "Stopping" and never finishes. The only way to reset is to close PT4 and begin importing again.
4. Popups are going off the edge of the screen when the table is on the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. I have hands in my database that don't go to showdown but villain shows the winning hand. NC does not seem to be using this information for the hand range in notes and graphs. Is it the "Player Had To Show Down" checkbox that is causing this behavior? If so, do I need to go into every definition and turn this off, or is there another way to force NC to use known hole card information in non-showdown hands?
nostrakhan wrote:It sounds like maybe the game sizes are changing, which would show different notes. By default NoteCaddy separates the notes based on these game sizes: HU, 3-6, 7+. So if you're at a table with 7 players, and then it goes to 6-handed, all of those notes from 7+ handed will not display anymore. This is a configurable setting in NoteCaddy → File → Settings → Partitions.
That is kind of strange. You may want to try creating a new database in PT4 and/or resetting your NC settings to see if the issue resolves itself:
*Resetting PT4 NC Settings Back To Factory Defaults*
1. Close PT4 and navigate to: C:\Users\[WindowsUsername]\AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5.
2. Make a backup of the .xml files (copy/move them somewhere else on your pc).
3. Delete the .xml files from the directory in step 1.
4. Restart PT4, go into NoteCaddy and adjust your settings as you prefer again (File → Settings).
5. If you use customized Color Definitions, then import the ColorDefinitions.xml that you backed up from step 2, into NoteCaddy → Tools → Import Color Definitions.
6. Reset and reprocess the notes (File → Reset Notes).
What sort of popups are going off the screen? Are they things that are created by NoteCaddy? Or is it just a PT4 popup (in which case it should be mentioned in a different forum). If it's not too much trouble, can you please share a screenshot of this (if it relates to NC)?
Here is a screenshot of the popup going off the edge of the screen. This happens inside the PT4 replayer as well. In case it is not clear from the screenshot, I clicked the "AA" badge. PT4's tooltip correctly re-positions when hovering over the badge, but the badge popup is off the edge of the screen. The Y position of the popup is adjusted up to a certain amount, but long popups still go below the bottom of the screen. The X position is not adjusted at all. If I place the same information inside a PT4 popup group, the position is always adjusted so that the entire content is visible on screen. It is only the standalone popups that have this issue.
While playing around with the badge popups some more, I discovered a couple of new issues:
1. The scatter graphs, heat maps and replay button of a badge popup are not clickable. Clicking anywhere simply closes the popup. If I put the same information inside a PT4 popup group, scatter graphs, heat maps and replay button are all clickable, and either expand the heat map, or open the specific hand in the replayer.
2. When hovering over the big scatter graph in the NC.PlayerOverview popup, the tooltip alternates from showing the hand information to being blank on every other hover. Clicking the data point in either scenario will still open the hand in the replayer.
What is this filterable scatter graph called? Is it possible to edit what data it shows and add it to other places on the HUD?
3. I enabled the "Allow non shown down hands to count for ranges" option as you suggested, and reset my notes. I have 9375 hands in my current database, and NC kept processing hands until around "Processing hand 65000 of 9375" for a total of around 2.5 million notes. Is this normal? The ratio between the number of hands that NC reports to the actual number of hands seems to be the same as the average number of hands dealt in each hand. Is NC creating a new instance of each hand for each player in the hand? If so, how will this affect performance as my database grows larger?
A lot more information from non-showdown hands is now in the notes compared to before, so this seemed to have added the information that I wanted. However, the majority (but not all) of the new data points in scatter graphs from non-showdown hands either don't show a tooltip when I hover over the point, or show a hand that is unrelated to the note. When I click on such a data point, it opens an unrelated hand in the replayer. The notes themselves, as well as the data points, seem to be accurate, as I can find a hand that matches the details of the note in my database, so it is just the link between the data point in the scatter graph and what hand it is referring to that seems to be broken. There are a few non-showdown hands that do show the correct hand on hover, and clicking the point opens up the correct hand in the replayer. Showdown hands don't appear to be affected at all.
You mentioned resolution, and this gave me a clue. I have one display at 3840x2160, but I have a custom scaling of 130%. It looks like NoteCaddy is not completely scaling aware. The Windows GDI API sees my screen resolution as 2949x1659, but NC uses the raw dimensions, causing the popups to go off the screen. If I reset scaling to 100%, popups are re-positioned correctly. This also fixes the problem with the scatter graphs and replay button not being clickable in the popups. (Heat map is still not clickable, even at 100%). Any non-100% scaling will cause this problem, even at the default increments (125%, 150%, 175%) that Windows officially supports. Hovering and clicking on the Main CaddyScatter works at any scaling level, as do any graphs inside a PT4 popup. Can you ask the development team to look into this in future updates?
The issue with the intermittent blank hover over the Main CaddyScatter still persists at 100% scaling. The target image is exists in the RAM drive, but NC alternates between showing it and not showing it every other hover. This behavior is only present in the Main CaddyScatter. Scatter graphs inside a PT4 popup will display the hand every time.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests