Badges strange behavior

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Badges strange behavior

Postby pushkiz » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:22 am

Hi,
yesterday i played a test session with badges (i use only manual ones) and basically had all the problems listed here: https://www.pokertracker.com/forums/vie ... 69&t=99477. Only difference is i only used badging for two tournaments. Then i opened my hand history report to check my first tournament. Strangely there was a player with random two badges that i am 100% sure i have not assigned. I followed the instructions to reset NC settings. After doing that badges seem to work ok now but obviously there is a possibility that some players will get badges that i have not assigned and that can very negatively impact my decisions at the tables. Some questions:
1. Is there a way to filter out players with manual badges in PT4 or NC (export notes to text file in NC does not seem to do that)? This way i could at least test if badges work correctly by say giving a badge to a player and also taking a note that i badged him.
2. Is there a way to remove all manual badges from all the players? Resetting NC settings probably did that, but is there another way as doing that also removes all NC notes and with a large database this is a bit of a pain.
3. I create my own badges (only 16x16). Is it ok to use 24x24 or even 32x32?
pushkiz

Re: Badges strange behavior

Postby pushkiz » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:55 am

pushkiz wrote:1. Is there a way to filter out players with manual badges in PT4 or NC (export notes to text file in NC does not seem to do that)? This way i could at least test if badges work correctly by say giving a badge to a player and also taking a note that i badged him.

In PT4 All Players Report there is a possibility to add a column with NC.PlayerTags but it stays empty for all the players regardless if they have a badge or not. It would be really great if we could filter out players with badges this way.
pushkiz

Postby nostrakhan » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:02 pm

Hi pushkiz,

If you go here: C:\Users\[pc name]AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5
there is a file named 'PlayerTags.xml'. I assume this file will have your info in it that you're looking for, and you can clear or edit this file directly if you like.

You can create different sized badges, no problem :)
nostrakhan

Postby pushkiz » Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:29 am

nostrakhan wrote:If you go here: C:\Users\[pc name]AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5
there is a file named 'PlayerTags.xml'. I assume this file will have your info in it that you're looking for, and you can clear or edit this file directly if you like.

The file exists, but it does not contain any player names with the badges.
pushkiz

Postby nostrakhan » Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:03 pm

pushkiz wrote:
nostrakhan wrote:If you go here: C:\Users\[pc name]AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Data\AppsData\Tm90ZUNhZGR5

The file exists, but it does not contain any player names with the badges.

Hi pushkiz,

Ah you're right, I tested it out and I could see the badges in that file, but no player names, so that would not be too useful. I'll create a ticket for the developers to see if they can add the player names to that file in an update.
nostrakhan

Return to NoteCaddy