Hand replayer not working

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Hand replayer not working

Postby pushkiz » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:06 am

Hi,
after creating a new note definition i always run seek function to test if it works correctly in a hand replayer. All my notes so far are about pre flop play.
So today i noticed that replayer is not showing any hole cards, it basically shows chip count and player name. Clicking next hand or next action does not help.
pushkiz

Re: Hand replayer not working

Postby Medasa » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:47 am

Same happend to me Notecaddy Vesion 2.9.91.0
Medasa

Postby nostrakhan » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:01 am

Hi,

Thank you for reporting this. I am making sure the developers are aware so that it can be fixed in an update.
nostrakhan

Postby Hilips » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:15 pm

Fixed in last update. Version 2.9.93.0
Hilips

Postby nostrakhan » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:33 pm

Hilips wrote:Fixed in last update. Version 2.9.93.0

Thank you for letting us know, Hilips :)
nostrakhan

Postby Hilips » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:32 am

Yeh, but this version, as usual, introduces new bugs.

NC is creating notes at 2000h/s, with one core. This is 20x faster then usual. That's a good sign that something is up.

So, now, it NEVER stops creating notes. Goes through the hands, the "finish" creating notes message appears, and then it continues forever. And if and when i click "Stop" and restart PT4, guess what? It will continue to create notes again and again and again. Every time i open PT4, NC will create notes again without importing one single new hand. I have just around 120k hands on my DB, i have a bunch of stats with almost a million notes. For example, 3b vs Hero, in 120k hands, 1 million opportunities and counting.

How many more years of this is needed for someone to create a way to manually downgrade NC in PT4? I bought this in 2012 for HM and for some reason in HM we can downgrade and we can decline a new update. Why not something similar in PT4?

This is literally the most unreliable peace of software i have ever used, and all this years later it's not going to change, i get that, and for that reason PLEASE stop forcing updates and create a way to downgrade.
Hilips

Postby pushkiz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:39 am

Completely agree with above comment.
It feels like with every update app gets worse and worse. Even though the replayer works now for new definitions, seek function for old definitions does not work. App keeps searching for success hands but never finds any. On top of that it stopped generating notes for old definitions of which i have quite a few.
The frustration is not worth the reward for the most part and probably it will not take long before i ask to remove NC even though i was very optimistic about this app when i started using it.
pushkiz

Postby nostrakhan » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm

Thank you for the report about this new issue introduced in v93 of NC. I'm sorry for the troubles. I've made an urgent ticket for the developers to address.

Also I'll see if they are open to allow me and some colleagues to test versions before releases, and the ability to rollback NC in PT4.
nostrakhan

Postby Hilips » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:08 pm

PT4 checks the "config" file on "AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Apps\xxxxx" to download the new version of NC, right? If i change the "Version=2.9.93" to other it keeps updating every single time even though i already have that version installed. Tested it a couple of times. Pretty confident that having previous versions installed (91) and changing the file to x93 will stop the updates.

If you're so kind to zip the 2.9.91 and send it my way, i can try. :) I mean, i can't use NC ATM in PT4 and i'm sure it will take a couple of days to get this right.
Hilips

Postby nostrakhan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:01 pm

Hilips wrote:PT4 checks the "config" file on "AppData\Local\PokerTracker 4\Apps\xxxxx" to download the new version of NC, right? If i change the "Version=2.9.93" to other it keeps updating every single time even though i already have that version installed. Tested it a couple of times. Pretty confident that having previous versions installed (91) and changing the file to x93 will stop the updates.

If you're so kind to zip the 2.9.91 and send it my way, i can try. :) I mean, i can't use NC ATM in PT4 and i'm sure it will take a couple of days to get this right.

Hi Hilips,

I'm not sure if this will work or not, but it sounds like it's worth a try. I don't have a copy of older PT4 NC versions, but I have asked if we can get it for you. I'll let you know once I hear back.
nostrakhan

Next

Return to NoteCaddy