My HUD broke with the Notecaddy update API ERROR (NoteCaddy)

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

My HUD broke with the Notecaddy update API ERROR (NoteCaddy)

Postby cwm9 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 pm

RE: Ver 2.9.97.0 update on 5/19/2021

Immediately after the NoteCaddy update, my HUD is showing errors on all icons on some HUD configurations. (Some HUD configurations that have NoteCaddy notes are working correctly.)

Edit: The hud sometimes works for a hand or two then stops working.
Edit2: I reset all the notes. In order to get NoteCaddy working it is necessary to wait until hands "finish processing", then press stop and start again multiple times until hands stop processing. (It did this in the prior version, too.) So far it is working, but I have only seen about 4 hands.
cwm9

Re: My HUD broke with the Notecaddy update API ERROR (NoteCa

Postby cwm9 » Wed May 19, 2021 9:48 pm

It still stops working. It looks like the entire NoteCaddy app is hanging. I can't even change the HUD type after it stops working. I suspect it has something to do with processing new hands, but I'm not certain.

Please revert to the prior version until you fix this bug, NoteCaddy has become unusable.
cwm9

Postby cwm9 » Thu May 20, 2021 2:06 pm

Even if I disable note-taking, the program still hangs, so it appears to have something to do with the data retrieval API hanging. All I have to do is start the program and repeatedly click on one of the icons to try to bring up the associated note and after a few clicks, it stops responding.
cwm9

Postby cwm9 » Fri May 21, 2021 2:17 pm

I think I've narrowed it down to badges.

I've removed all the badges from my hud and so far it seems to work fine after several dozen hands.

I also realized that NC appears to be supported through the ticket system --- (I thought it was 3rd party and not supported through the ticket system), so feel free to delete this entire post. Next time I will create a ticket instead.
cwm9

Return to NoteCaddy