Please add the ability to roll back apps to prior versions

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Please add the ability to roll back apps to prior versions

Postby cwm9 » Wed May 26, 2021 3:25 pm

Many of us have versions that worked for us one way or another in the past, but then when updates hit our systems break. Can you please add the ability to roll back to prior versions? I very much just want to go back one version on NoteCaddy right now. My system is so broken right now, and I think a lot of other peoples are too. Simply add a "select version" item to the submenu for each app and bring up a pop-up with a drop-box that includes "latest version" at the top and a list of all versions below. If a new version comes out and "latest version" is not selected, just pop up a window asking if you'd like to switch to the latest version.

This thing where the software breaks repeatedly is understandable, but the inability to roll back is, frankly, inexcusable, especially when we've paid for the license and it keeps breaking on us. I understand things take time to fix, but don't force us onto a broken version for weeks at a time.

I love NoteCaddy. It's so amazing. But so incredibly frustrating at times.
cwm9

Re: Please add the ability to roll back apps to prior versio

Postby SretiCentV » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:34 pm

Sorry about the recent bad version. Unfortunately it is not that simple to allow specific versions since there are often times changes in how NC and PT4 communicate which would cause older versions to stop working. We recently streamlined the pre-release testing for the Hm3 version of NC (~98% same code as PT4 version) which will hopefully prevent this type of frustration going forward.
SretiCentV
Third Party App Developer

Return to NoteCaddy