Badges definitions in Edge package

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Badges definitions in Edge package

Postby Matt21 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:36 pm

I'd like to import in my personal hud some badges from Edge package but I don't know where to find badge definitions.
In pt4 there are all like NC.orderedbadge1 etc, thanks in advance
Matt21

Re: Badges definitions in Edge package

Postby nokaspokas » Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:56 am

Hello,

The NC.orderedbadge1..2..3..4 are placeholders for the badges. This means that the badges get assigned there independant of its name.

If I understood you correctly, the best way to achieve what you want is:

- Install the NCE package with the badges you want to use.
- Go to the folder created in your desktop after installing the NCE package "NoteCaddy Coaching Pack Files". There you will have a .pdf file with all the badges explained.
- Import your HUD. Assign as many NC.orderedbadges1..2..3..4 (one of each, no repeating of numbers) to your HUD as you like. In NC, usually the badges definitions for NCE packs are all in the "color definitions". Make inactive the badges you don´t want to use by right clicking a definition and then clicking "make inactive".
- After this reset notes and allow time to process all hands in your Database.

Hope this helps.
nokaspokas

Postby Matt21 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:07 pm

nokaspokas wrote:Hello,

The NC.orderedbadge1..2..3..4 are placeholders for the badges. This means that the badges get assigned there independant of its name.

If I understood you correctly, the best way to achieve what you want is:

- Install the NCE package with the badges you want to use.
- Go to the folder created in your desktop after installing the NCE package "NoteCaddy Coaching Pack Files". There you will have a .pdf file with all the badges explained.
- Import your HUD. Assign as many NC.orderedbadges1..2..3..4 (one of each, no repeating of numbers) to your HUD as you like. In NC, usually the badges definitions for NCE packs are all in the "color definitions". Make inactive the badges you don´t want to use by right clicking a definition and then clicking "make inactive".
- After this reset notes and allow time to process all hands in your Database.

Hope this helps.

Many Thanks. What is the difference between prefixed and ordered badges?
Matt21

Postby Matt21 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:51 pm

I have another question ;)
It's possible to increase the Edge badges size?
Matt21

Postby nokaspokas » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:31 am

Hello again,

About the Prefixed badges:

NC.OrderedBadges will display badges on the HUD according to 'Priority' that is set in their Note/Color Definition. Badges with a higher 'Priority' number will appear before a lower 'Priority' number (2 appears ahead of 1).

NC.PrefixedBadges take into account the 'Prefix' which is given to the Note/Color Definition. For instance, if we give all pre-flop badges the 'Prefix' "PRE", then we will have an option to use NC.PrefixedBadge.PRE1, NC.PrefixedBadge.PRE2, etc. This can be useful to make sure certain badges get placed exactly where you prefer them.

Found here: http://notecaddy.com/NoteCaddy%20Badges.ashx - bookmark the AssaultwareWiki site. Its a golden nugget to explore deeper into how Notecaddy works.

Badges at this moment cannot be resized. It is already documented as a suggestion to have that possibility.

Best wishes,

nokaspokas
nokaspokas

Return to NoteCaddy