Adding NoteCaddy to existing HUD?

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Adding NoteCaddy to existing HUD?

Postby Viegaard » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:45 pm

I'm kinda confused :d (As always).

Is not not possible to keep my own custom PT4 HUD and then where it says "NoteCaddy Trial" Just replace it with the Full version of Notecaddy? Or am I forced to use the NoteCaddy HUD?
Viegaard

Re: Adding NoteCaddy to existing HUD?

Postby nokaspokas » Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:06 pm

Hello,

It is possible to edit the HUDs as much as we want. We can save many different HUDs and pick specific ones for specific game types ( i.e cash/mtt, 9max/6max ).

Dont be mistaken. The Notecaddy trial tab you see on that HUD is a very small picture of Notecaddy at work. One cannot replace it with the full version as the full version works across the entire HUD, not just one tab.

Have a look at the FAQs page for Notecaddy, specifically regarding the HUD setup and configuration. https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/hud

What you will need to do in order to use your custom HUD is edit it and add all the Notecaddy stats/notes you want to use in it. Between this and picking a HUD from the NCE packages to start using with all the Notecaddy stats/notes already in perfect place is a matter of personal choice and time management.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Best wishes,

nokaspokas
nokaspokas

Postby Viegaard » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:59 pm

Viegaard wrote:
nokaspokas wrote:Hello,

It is possible to edit the HUDs as much as we want. We can save many different HUDs and pick specific ones for specific game types ( i.e cash/mtt, 9max/6max ).

Dont be mistaken. The Notecaddy trial tab you see on that HUD is a very small picture of Notecaddy at work. One cannot replace it with the full version as the full version works across the entire HUD, not just one tab.

Have a look at the FAQs page for Notecaddy, specifically regarding the HUD setup and configuration. https://www.pokertracker.com/guides/PT4/hud

What you will need to do in order to use your custom HUD is edit it and add all the Notecaddy stats/notes you want to use in it. Between this and picking a HUD from the NCE packages to start using with all the Notecaddy stats/notes already in perfect place is a matter of personal choice and time management.

Hope this clears your doubts.

Best wishes,

nokaspokas

The impression I got from looking at the one page advert for Notecaddy just didn't suggest that it ran as it's own HUD. I am perfectly happy with my current HUD and it feels somewhat disappointing that there isnt an easy way to just integrate Notecaddy with my current hud without manually adding each stat individually. + Much of the "cool" features don't work on Stars, which you did advertise so that's fine.

I had hoped I could replace the "Notecaddy Trial" tab with a functioning Notecaddy tab where all the various stats would be displayed.

(Not sure why I posted twice, I could have sworn I clicked edit)
Viegaard

Postby nokaspokas » Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:40 pm

Hello,

It does not necessarilly run its own HUD. We can add Notecaddy stats/notes to any HUD we have already have.

Let me put this into some topics:

- Nevermind the Notecaddy trial tab. IF in your HUD you still have it, remove it. You will be using Notecaddy full.

- To be able to add notes to your HUD, first NC has to create them from a set of installed definitions. Pick the ones you want to use from the "Manage My ultimate packs" - ( NCE, default definitions). Allow time to install, create notes to the end. This needs to be done so we can work on next step.

- At this point as we spoke, we have two options. Work with the premade HUDs that come with the packs OR use our own HUDs and add what we want.

If adding the avaliable notes individually doesn´t work for you, there are some notes you can add to your HUD that are close to what you request, a summary. Add the NC.playeroverview to your HUD and you should have already the notes icon on your HUD. The NC.playeroverview will use the active notes and show the most used ones in that note as a overview of the player.

Other scenarios to use more input from the installed definitions is adding/incorporating the premade popgroups used in the pack HUDs. You can assign one of the installed popgroups to a stat in your HUD to show that popup that uses a lot of the NC notes.

I hope this is what your were requesting.

nokaspokas
nokaspokas

Return to NoteCaddy