Color code Pokerstars notes based on active color definition

NoteCaddy for PokerTracker 4. Information is power!

Moderators: Flag_Hippo, Moderators, NoteCaddy Moderators

Color code Pokerstars notes based on active color definition

Postby AVBEL » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:32 pm

I created a number of color definitions. I made sure each color definition has a unique color assigned to it. I als made sure that "Exempt from Color Coding" is NOT ticked. I ran tests on specific players and it seems to work as configured. I used seek and find players that fit all my created definitions. So I assume all is good. However when I start this, I get a progress bar and nothing happens. I have waited for hours (with 1 or 2 threads) and it's not moving. I do have over 80.000 players but still you would expect some indication it is moving. When I watch the video about color coding, you see right from the start indications of progress. Am I doing something wrong ?
AVBEL

Re: Color code Pokerstars notes based on active color defini

Postby SretiCentV » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:05 pm

My apologies for the inconvenience. I think I know why this would happen. There will be a new version released tomorrow and it will have the fix for this issue
SretiCentV
Third Party App Developer

Postby AVBEL » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:23 pm

Great news. Thank you for the speedy solution
AVBEL

Postby AVBEL » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:57 pm

I had the impression the Note Caddy got updated (version 2.7.0.12). Now the progress par goes to Tasks complete immediately (so way too fast for 80.000 players color coding) and effectively, when I open the stars client nothing is there.So this is still not working Perhaps it is still doing something as the stop button is greyed out. But when I look at the notes.player.xml nothing changes. Is the color coding build first in memory before being committed to file ? It's possible I suppose as I see the CPU usage by NC at 47% without me playing (so no new hands). Also memory consumption is gradually increasing. It does seem to create a backup in the note_backups directory of the notes file.
AVBEL

Postby SretiCentV » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 am

There was still an issue if you ran it without filters. 2.7.0.13 has been uploaded now and that should hopefully work fine now. I tested all the possibilities I think. My apologies for the continued inconvenience.
SretiCentV

Postby AVBEL » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:39 pm

I do have a filter in place for the sample range color coding. However, your latest change does change things: I do see it processing players now. It's a big database so it might take some time to finish but it looks promising. By the way, I don't think you need to apologize when you ar providing this high level of service. Thank you. Keep up the good work
AVBEL

Postby AVBEL » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:12 pm

As promised an update when I had success After yesterdays update I finally was able to run in one go the process and it worked as expected for the few checks I made. The day before was ok but then the process crashed when it was using around 1300MB memory. So it seems to have been fixed in full. Thank you
AVBEL

Postby SretiCentV » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:46 pm

Thank you for the update and the feedback. That makes sense NC would crash when using that amount of memory as it's only set to run as 32 bit when run with PokerTracker. A lot of effort was made to force it to stay under that limit but with the color coding it's very difficult. That said I will put some more effort and worst case scenario I'll see if it's feasible to let NC run as 64 bit when applicable which would be the easy way to make sure this doesn't happen
SretiCentV

Return to NoteCaddy